Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier - weekender

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have acquired with Avios some cheeky weekender flights to Turin early Feb. While I hope that leaves me out of main half term carnage and a bit flexible as to where I ski I wonder if I should lock in a booking somewhere as protection. Thinking Briancon/Serre Che - anyone have recommendations for basic B&B or HB for single at a place which would take a 3 night booking (even better if cancellable).

Alternately point me at the best spots on the italian side.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Speak to Tina (Swedish) at Skiers Lodge in Le Bez, Villeneuve, she has a hotel (gite) and appts.

Knows me and KenX well, and she can be very flexible, though will be High Season, though remember that first week in Feb used to be half-term, but now it isn't and can be a cracking week as everyone still thinks it's highs season.

I'm sure Ken and I would look forward to showing you around, except we're escaping Serre for Japan Feb 8th - 18th then I plan to go back to UK last week of Feb, but they'll be a few others around.

https://hotel-dubez.com/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We've stayed at Hotel Vauban in Briancon twice - both times for short stays, including easter weekend on one visit. It's bookable on sites like Booking.com.

Great location - about 5 mins walk to the gondola. A few bars and restaurants round about and the old town above Briancon is lovely - well worth a wander round.

Refurbished since we stayed and about £65-70/night for a double room in low season of winter 2019-20.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This place has great food. Very close to lifts, well priced, nice French atmosphere. Right in 1400m In Serre Che. https://www.le-christiania.com/index.php/en/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Should also add Pinewood Chalets run by Dave and Christine (say Gavin recommended them), a catapult from us, very flexible.

Both Pinewood and Skiers Lodge Le Bez good if you're travelling on your own as they're more sociable, with Scandis and Brits.

Tina's has a great comfy bar too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy