Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva to Val D'Isere transfers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello fellow snowheeds

So we are flying to Geneva on the Saturday 28th March, arriving at 8:45am and fly out at 18:40 on the 4th April, as a group of five, and I'm looking transfer options (either private or shared) for Val D'Isere.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Also, what are the typical transfer times during those hours on Saturdays?

Thanks Little Angel

Russ
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.azurhelico.com/en/helicopter-transfers-all-destinations-rhone-alpes.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn_um7u3a5QIVjEPTCh2o9wl_EAAYASAAEgJK4PD_BwE is propably the most expensive and quickest
The train and local bus is the cheepest and slowest
The busses such as Altibus and Bensbus are just a bit more expensive than the train and take 3 and half to four hours compared to the 6 hours plus by train.

I'm not sure if the timetables have been published yet. You have over 4 months to think about it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://www.alps2alps.com/

Paid £200 each way with these guys for 5 people a few years ago. Though we didn't come or go at peak time which it looks like you are so I would think you would be paying a lot more. Nobody volunteering to drive?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
russellwilmot23,

Welcome to Snowheads.

We've used Ben's Bus for Val Thorens and have had no problems. They charge about €90 pp return for Val D'Isere.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
https://snow-drone.com are about the best and are very competitive.

Journey times in a transfer bus will typically be around 3 hours, but you can see longer journeys when arriving late morning/lunchtime on a Saturday. You should still get to ski in the afternoon, if you are keen and not bothered about hanging your clothes up straight away! [some in the group may develop a twitch at the thought of this arrival concept]
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Would it not be easier to hire a car or even 2 small ones if you have lots of bags. It would definitely work out cheaper. £250 for a large Skoda. £500 for a Sharan which is plenty big.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@bar shaker, +1 for this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We used Snow-drone several times last season. Super reliable and very punctual.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I prefer to hire a car for that trip, partly because my wife tends to get sick in buses and partly because it gives us the option of stopping somewhere nice for lunch on the way back to the airport.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@bar shaker, also a +1 for Snowdrone.

They are good for shared transfers too. Used them a few times for that and it saves the cost of parking at GVA. They don't cost much more than the bus.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy