Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anybody got a recommendation for overnight stop near Troyes

Poster: A snowHead
Looking forward to December, when we will be driving to the Three Valleys. Has anyone got any recommendations for a cheap hotel (c.£50-60) with secure parking?
Doing the drive all in one go is feeling like too much of a slog, especially as it will be dark by 5pm.
Thanks all.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kyriad Troyes is where we always stop, I got two doubles for the end of Jan at £150 so a bit over but underground car park and petrol station very close. Troyes is beautiful, we plan to arrive early afternoon, just to stroll around the old town.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Last time I was in Troyes it was being comprehensively dug up, but perhaps it's all fixed now - it was over a year ago. The IBIS Budget hotel is well-located in the centre. Sometimes found it full - because of combo of location and cost. 45 euros for a triple room tomorrow night.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
A few years ago we stayed in a hotel-B&B on the way home from a summer trip, not to far from the auto route
www.hotel-bb.com/en/hotel/troyes-saint-parres-aux-tertres
it was clean, tidy with decent breakfast, can't remember what the carpark was like.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hotel Val Moret is probably a bit over the 50-60 budget, but is very close to the autoroute (you can see it). Motel style rooms which you park outside of. https://www.le-val-moret.com/en/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Val Moret if you want a bit of a treat and have time to use the pool std.

Other than that the BB that @JonA, mentions is fine. It's 3 mins off the motorway, 2 reasonable restaurants nearby and a Leclerc petrol station opposite where diesel is 25c per litre cheaper. I have stopped there so many times the staff recognize me. The car park is locked thru the small hours, never seen any bother. Often lots of vans full of tools in the car park.

3 and a half hours from Calais, 5 hours to Moutiers.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you want to stroll round Troyes the Ibis budget in the centre is better located and half the price of the Val Moret. No pool though!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 for the Ibis budget in the centre of Troyes. We've stayed there a few times.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
+1 for Le Val Moret. FOr us, because it's close to the Autroute and has an indoor swimming pool, sauna & jacuzzi. The Menu Étape is good value (but if I recall, is only a Weekday option - check). We like the rooms with a balcony, because at night you can sleep with the French Window ajar and still feel secure. If you decide to stay,book directly with the hotel website (https://www.le-val-moret.com/en/), not an intermediary and join the Logis loyalty scheme beforehand (https://www.logishotels.com/en/programme-fidelite-ologis) as you rack up your €15 discount after just a few stays.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 23-09-19 22:25; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ibis Budget Troyes Est is new, secure and only 2km off the motorway
Buffallo Grill, McDonalds, Italian restaurant all nearby plus a large LeClerc supermarket for fuel
Au Bureau is an interesting French take on an English pub including sport on big screen TV if that's your thing
Misses the charm of Troyes centre - depends what you want
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've also used both the Ibis and Ibis Styles in Troyes centre. Secure underground parking but slightly more then the Ibis Budget but probably slightly better rooms and breakfast.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
janner wrote:
Ibis Budget Troyes Est is new, secure and only 2km off the motorway
Buffallo Grill, McDonalds, Italian restaurant all nearby plus a large LeClerc supermarket for fuel
Au Bureau is an interesting French take on an English pub including sport on big screen TV if that's your thing
Misses the charm of Troyes centre - depends what you want

sounds like hell on earth to be honest but maybe practical for an overnight stop
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks all, plenty for me to consider there Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm a Formula 1 girl myself....
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have no problem with Formule 1 (I have done camp sites and cramped yachts, not to mention motorway service stations and the Royal Opera House where you have to share toilets with the great unwashed) but the fact that the Ibis budget hotels give you your own bathroom is nice.
snow conditions
Just play with this:

https://secure.accorhotels.com/store/index.html#/en/map?q=Fr&brands=ALL
snow report
We usually pay around £100 a night for an Ibis Styles or Novotel as a family of four (if breakfast is included we eat at the hotel..if not we drive for a few hours and pick up a croissant and coffee en route - or you can get cheap breakfasts at hypermarkets when you stop to fill up with petrol for the onward drive). The Ibis Styles in Troyes is a good one. If we were travelling as a couple I would probably look at the normal Ibis which would be more in the region of £60 I'd have thought. We tried two rooms in an Ibis budget once and didn't like it as the rooms had a smell about them. After a long journey it is nice to have a clean room with a comfy bed, carpet and a decent shower plus the option of a drink in the bar downstairs.
snow conditions
If you sign up for a loyalty card with Club Accor you get a percentage off the room rate too, and accrue points for future trips. They add up quite quickly when you travel regulary.
snow report
@Hells Bells,
Quote:

accrue points for future trips

Although not when staying at Ibis Budget Sad
latest report
I stayed in Ibis Budget Troyes Centre recently. Ok(ish) and cheap with free parking but def not secure.
snow report
Quote:

@Hells Bells,
Quote:

accrue points for future trips

Although not when staying at Ibis Budget

Alternatively sign up with topcashback and earn 8% when booking through Hotels.com or sign up to Hotels.com and earn 2% with topcashback and participate in Hotels.com loyalty program with 1 free night for every 10 booked
ski holidays
can recommend The Oul' House on airbnb
snow conditions
If you sign up for Accor Club, and also use Quidco to book, you get both cashback and Accor points. I was surprised too. But not as you rightly say with Ibis budget.
ski holidays
Just be aware that whilst the Ibis in the centre of Troyes has secure underground parking the headroom is limited. I think it's around 1.90 mtrs.
I couldn't get my van in there and I think most mpv's or 4x4 with a roofbox will have the same problem. Best to check before you book.
snow report
Hells Bells wrote:
If you sign up for Accor Club, and also use Quidco to book, you get both cashback and Accor points. I was surprised too. But not as you rightly say with Ibis budget.

Same if you use topcashback
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy