Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lake Louise capsulizes what we're going to have to do this season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
LL opens tomorrow (early even for them), and in their announcement I think they have succinctly summarized our collective instructions for this season:

Wear a mask
Maintain distance
Come prepared
Be kind

I think I can handle this. Many folks seem to forget that last one, but we're going to need it.

I like to remind myself that the actual skiing part will be unchanged.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
is "capsulizes" a real word?

nearest I can find is "encapsulates"
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No, but it's an attractive neologism. I think I'll start using it on other threads.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do we have to capsulize in our bubbles?

They left off a crucial one, "cross the border".

Sigh. The Banff 3 is my favourite resort... Agree, love that last one.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The very same messages that the UK National Parks are using.
Be safe - maintain 2m, wash hands, be aware of congested areas and pinch points.
Tread lightly - if it appears busy head somewhere quieter, take litter home, respect the environment
Be kind - consideration for other people
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@LaForet, and @snowornever, indeed it is a word (a transitive verb--a term I've not used in oh, 50 years).

And @Orange200, yeah that little detail about the border is vexing. But I support it. A large minority of the US population, including political leadership in DC, has flunked this test and the results are there for all to see, including Trudeau. But they will want our money eventually and we'll want to spend it there. FWIW, I think its 50/50 that we'll be able to cross this season. Fortunately they seem to get it with respect to relaxed cancellation policies etc.

Lake Louise is a peach, I look forward to returning. Great terrain and vibe to match.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Scooter in Seattle, well played and means the same in the Queen's English (https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/capsulize) every day is a school day! Agree that Lake Louise is the stand out from the Big 3.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They could do a time capsule.
Maybe put some snow in it for those to see what it was all about in 100 years time.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In around 30 seasons at Lake Louise I don't think I've ever been there without a mask.
I'll give you that you probably need to wear the thing inside, but mostly it's not about the inside.
Not much new in any of this, really wink

The us leadership chief encapsulates everything which a closed border is designed to
protect against... I guess that's not going to change quickly.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scooter in Seattle wrote:

And @Orange200, yeah that little detail about the border is vexing. But I support it.

Oh me too. I don't ask for them to open if they're not ready, I just wistfully observe that I doubt I'll be going there any time soon.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Orange200 wrote:
Do we have to capsulize in our bubbles?

They left off a crucial one, "cross the border".

Sigh. The Banff 3 is my favourite resort... Agree, love that last one.

Canada isn't going to let us in any time soon.
We're too stooopid Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@philwig, I totally believe you. The shop at the base is easily the mask capital of the world....their selection was almost overwhelming. As for our current political "leadership".....since this is a ski forum I'll just say that I hope the change begins in a couple weeks. I do sense that much of the country is ready for it. If we can't get across the border this season, at least my little 5 day Whistler pass has pretty good refund/postpone details, if I understood them all.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
(Those refund policies were very good last year. I rode the last day there and Vail Resorts were excellent in dealing with all that. I hope it works out... and hope I can either get into Canada or the US wink )
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy