Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Moveable binding discs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can you buy snowboard binding discs that move freely rather than being set at a specific angle?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
do you mean rental discs, which will allow you to set the angle with a quick release?

If not, can you explain what you do mean?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't understand the question either ....

Snowboard discs have 120 increments IIRC, so 3 degs ....... are you trying to split that?

If not what are you looking to do? A little more info might get the answer you need wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the reply, I mean when the bindings are attached and your foot is strapped in, your foot is able to move freely I.e. from a 15°/0° stance to a 30°/15° stance whilest on the slopes. This could even allow the ability to switch from riding regular to goofy and Visa versa, all without having to stop and adjust the angle of your binding. Does anyone make a disc that allows this?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I doubt it's been tried beyond 'noboarding',
i.e. No binding at all.

Without locking the angle during riding you wouldn't be able to properly apply pressure to an edge without it slipping.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Arni3 wrote:
Thanks for the reply, I mean when the bindings are attached and your foot is strapped in, your foot is able to move freely I.e. from a 15°/0° stance to a 30°/15° stance whilest on the slopes. This could even allow the ability to switch from riding regular to goofy and Visa versa, all without having to stop and adjust the angle of your binding. Does anyone make a disc that allows this?

ahh, Ive seen products that do that
try googling rotating or pivoting binding.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Richard_Sideways wrote:
I doubt it's been tried beyond 'noboarding'....
And with that you definitely don't want your feet to move much at all, and definitely not when loaded.
Whilst you're not really rotating your feet, I doubt very much that the mechanics of no rotational friction would work at all. Sounds scary.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
but why?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Why ?

Why explain the obvious its never going to go anywhere .
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I bet OP can't even link turns, but came with a brilliant idea of a product, with which he would slay the mountains instantly Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The channel system on Burton and Endeavour boards allows you to set the angle to pretty much whatever you like, also the stance width, and centre lines.
To set them up you loosen the the screws and wiggle your feet around until it feels right, then do up the screws.
I don't know why you would, but theoretically you could ride with these a bit loose, but I think it's a pretty bad idea.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My oldest daughter rides est bindings on an endeavour and doesn’t like turning. Her idea of snowboarding is straight lining everything at warp 9

I’ve just popped out to the shed and loosened a few bolts on her board.

Will report back with results next weekend
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@hang11, ROFL
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mr.Egg wrote:
Arni3 wrote:

ahh, Ive seen products that do that
try googling rotating or pivoting binding.

Thanks found a few manufacturer's under rotating bindings, does anyone know of any stockists in the uk?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy