Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

George is still going strong

Poster: A snowHead
101 and still skiing. His early morning exercise routine is amazing. Shocked I have nothing but absolute respect for him. Long may he continue. What a star. Very Happy Very Happy

http://youtube.com/v/Tzkj_Nme6uE
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hasn't learnt how to buy proper boots in all that time.......
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
45mins of graft daily at least. The daily exercise grind. Such a inspiration. Shows you are never to young to start.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
this pretty much sums up, how "extreme" and "difficult" and "thrilling" skiing really is Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@kosmoz, Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@hurtle, skiing is for old farts Twisted Evil And don't bring all high level athletes, participating in competition, as an example. Fast eating or wife carrying are also sports and could be brought to the extreme Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@kosmoz, oh right. Whatever you say. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@kosmoz, so what super extreme difficult and thrilling sport do you partake in on a daily basis?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@kosmoz, surely that's a huge benefit of skiing. The fact that it's inclusive, people of all ages and all levels of fitness and ability can enjoy it.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Hells Bells, @queenie pretty please, quite. I couldn't be bothered.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hells Bells wrote:
@kosmoz, so what super extreme difficult and thrilling sport do you partake in on a daily basis?

Gold medal in L&M?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There are two groups of 'old farts' I regularly encounter in Zell am See.* The first are a group of older gentleman who are on the first cable car of the day, right to the top. They race the cable car back down again, repeat, and then disappear until the next morning. The second group are a more mixed collection who turn up at the Breiteckalm just before anyone else turns up for morning coffee. They proceed to sit there for coffee/beer/jagertee/Gluwein/schnapps/lunch/dinner etc. for much of the rest of the day, always sitting on the prime sunny and sheltered benches in front of the building.

Roll on retirement!

* These are different and distinct from the assortment of bon viveurs, long lunchers, and apres skiers found littering the mountains of Europe!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Klamm Franzer, bugga that!! Shocked I want my money's worth. First lift up (or as near as damn it), ski all day; short lunch break (cos it's a waste of skiing time) and back as late as possible, without hopefully having to panic about the lift closing (cos someone got the times wrong @neddyskigoon wink ). Repeat for as many days as the holiday is for. snowHead snowHead snowHead Plenty of Paracetamol for any aches and pains (rule 5 applies).

I do the same at the Chillfactore. Minimal talking at the top. Get down the slope and then back up again asap. Repeat for four hours, with half an hour max for lunch. And if the clock says I have two minutes to go whilst stood at the top. Chuck myself down as quick as possible, get through the turnstile and squeeze another run in. Toofy Grin snowHead snowHead What can I say; I love skiing.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I was impressed watching him ski a bit of gentle off piste, but I think even more impressed later to see him skiing in a whiteout.
latest report
kosmoz wrote:
@hurtle, skiing is for old farts Twisted Evil And don't bring all high level athletes, participating in competition, as an example. Fast eating or wife carrying are also sports and could be brought to the extreme Laughing

You mean like old Glen Plake? (aged 55)

http://youtube.com/v/ipIa-cbOMaE

Got any footage of you doing similar terrain on your board - do you even board offpiste?
latest report
@DB, not sure that reviving an old thread is the best way of dealing with a troll. Confused
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
@DB, not sure that reviving an old thread is the best way of dealing with a troll. Confused

To be honest I didn't realise he was a troll until this morning (hadn't seen this thread before).
I guess you are right, now that we know he is someone who laughs at the dead and the old while actiively trying to create a boarder/skier divide the best thing we can do is ignore him.
snow conditions
@Awdbugga, Good Video, some pretty sage advice right there for all ages! Thanks for sharing snowHead Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy