Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hand Luggage (EasyJet) only can boots and helmets fit?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I know there is another thread going on luggage but I didn't want to highjack that one.

I am off skiing with a group flying easyjet to Innsbruck for four days. Early midweek flight, short transfer, ski by lunchtime.

I'd normally check in my boots and helmet but the group is keen to make sure "no delays" to get on the slope so we are handluggage only.

Don't want to rent boots as have wide feet, invested in proper fitting etc. I realise I can just about get away with the boots into a cabin bag but then I have helmet. And really don't have too much space left for anything else.

EasyJet only allow one cabin bag.

Can I wear the helmet?

Can I wear the boots!!???

Wear Sallopettes - pack evening jeans?

How busy is a 7am flight to Innsbruck on a Wednesday morning? And how strict are they are the gate?

Any other tips please.

Thank you
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you are hand luggage only.

Boots in carry on with clothes. Make sure you stuff the boots full off bits like socks, gloves etc to maximise space! And then clip helmet to outside.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd pack it.
I've seen folks wearing their ski gear and they looked rather hot. Never seen ski boots worn though I have seen board boots. Suspect there might be safety concerns. Strap your helmet to your carry on but try to do it so it doesn't swing about.
If you book/pay for a seat with extra leg room you get a slightly bigger cabin bag allowance and a small second bag.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have always been able to pack boots, saltpetre, and other clothes in my hand luggage. Remember you can stuff socks etc into your boots. Never had any problem with helmet clipped to outside of bag or you could wear it.

Good luck
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
TheManOnTheBus wrote:
Hi all

I know there is another thread going on luggage but I didn't want to highjack that one.

I am off skiing with a group flying easyjet to Innsbruck for four days. Early midweek flight, short transfer, ski by lunchtime.

I'd normally check in my boots and helmet but the group is keen to make sure "no delays" to get on the slope so we are handluggage only.

Don't want to rent boots as have wide feet, invested in proper fitting etc. I realise I can just about get away with the boots into a cabin bag but then I have helmet. And really don't have too much space left for anything else.

EasyJet only allow one cabin bag.

Can I wear the helmet?

Can I wear the boots!!???

Wear Sallopettes - pack evening jeans?

How busy is a 7am flight to Innsbruck on a Wednesday morning? And how strict are they are the gate?

Any other tips please.

Thank you

Book the premium seats that allow you to have 2 bags and then you can get it all to fit if you pack well.

"Flexi, Upfront, Extra Legroom customers and easyJet Plus cardholders
You can bring an additional under seat bag like a laptop bag or handbag. Maximum size 45x36x20cm. Bags must be placed under the seat in front of you."
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
get one of those cabin 'backpacks' = more space as you are minus handles/wheels etc

https://cabinmax.com/en/21-backpack
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rabbie wrote:
I have always been able to pack boots, saltpetre, and other clothes in my hand luggage. Remember you can stuff socks etc into your boots. Never had any problem with helmet clipped to outside of bag or you could wear it.

Good luck

"Fetch the sniffer dog Fred, this one looks suss".

Autotype eh? Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I did much the same on a flight into Munich last month, snowboard boots into my hand with salopettes and base layers packed in and around my boots in a soft hold all type bag that can mush down if required (one of the medium sized north face holdalls if it helps). Wore my jacket and had my helmet strapped to my bag with no issues at all (i also always strap my helmet to my bag and have never had an issue).

One main tip i would give if you want to keep your hand luggage with you is to either book speedy boarding or to be one of the people at the gate as soon as it's called to queue up ensuring your bag isn't one of those tagged for storing in the hold.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FlyBe tweeted recently that ski boots are allowed in the cabin but you are not allowed ro wear them. Whether easyJet have the same policy I have no idea. As said above; book a 'premium'seat and you'll get another bag. If you did that you could get one of these - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rossignol-Unisex-Hero-Dual-Boot/dp/B07FTTGCM7/ref=sr_1_1?adgrpid=63814634059&tag=amz07b-21 - for your boots and use the main bag for everything else.

easyJet are normally very strict at the gate. If there were any issues with your helmet you could always put it on. They'd be hard pressed to say there was an issue with doing that.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Many thanks for all these Very Top Tips!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
if its a busy flight, then good chance someone's carry on will get put in the hold anyway.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I got this (for cheaper though) last year and have taken it twice as hand luggage on easyjet without problems https://www.salomon.com/en-gb/shop-emea/product/extend-go-to-snow-gearbag.html#color=19714 it fits helmet and boots and ski gear (admittedly not a whole lot more) but certainly enough for a few days skiing in it.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Charliegolf, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy