Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica women's skis advice please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,
Last season skis are on sale so I'm looking to get some.
Has anyone skied the Nordica Santa ana 93 or 98 or the unleashed women's version? If so how did you find them? Would like some input to help me decide.
Being skiing the 2017 black pearls in 88, 154. I like them, but don't love them and found them a little short (5'2" 53kg), also want to go a little wider. Ski mostly North America, I prefer the beer there. I've being skiing more offpiste, trees and moguls, still like a blast in the piste too. So out of the above which did you like and why?
Thank you for any input
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As a possibly unhelpful suggestion - at 5'2" and 53kg and and considering where you want to ski.....would you consider skis that are more playful?

I say that as a bloke who is light (65kg) and find heavy damp skis are harder work and less fun away from the Piste. I tend to stay clear of Blizzard and Nordica which can feel a bit "planky" (for my weight, skill level and taste).

Volkl, while damp, I think tend to have more of a reactive liveliness.

I am thinking of brands like Rossignol, Head and Scott.

I use Scott The Ski in a 180, which would be too long and hard to manage if it was from Blizzard...but as it is, gives extra surface area, while being quite manageable.

If I'm completely wrong - please ignore.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the input. Guy I ski (and live) with is strong and a hair over 6' so I think perhaps I get swayed by the skis he chooses. I have to keep up after all. I can get ahead in tight trees with low branches though Razz
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nik wrote:
Thanks for the input. Guy I ski (and live) with is strong and a hair over 6' so I think perhaps I get swayed by the skis he chooses. I have to keep up after all. I can get ahead in tight trees with low branches though Razz

At 6' and probably around 90kg, his choice of ski should probably be very different from you. If possible - try some different options and you might be surprised. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Only 80kg!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nik wrote:
Only 80kg!

Apologies! Skullie

It's still considerably heavier than 53kg, so my general point may have some validity.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have the Santa Ana 93, and I’ve skied the 98, and the previous 100 and 110. I like them, they are good all rounders and were my go-to ski last season. They are not a light ski, but also not especially heavy and work well as a crud buster. I have the 93 (over the 98 ) due to availability at the time rather than a particular preference. If it had been the other way around, that would have been fine too, but I have other skis for other purposes. They are pretty versatile, but if you have a choice, pick the one that sits closer to your likely (not dream!) conditions.

I’ve also skied the Black Pearl 88, but didn’t get on with them at all. Haven’t encountered the Unleashed, but is that not more of a freeride or touring ski?

If you prefer the beer in NA, I’m not sure I can trust your judgement though Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Nik, the beer’s the problem, as the landlord says, “fruit based drinks for the ladies” …
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the feedback on the skis. A crud buster sounds good, I guess if I worry they may be too heavy I'll just have to get fitter and stronger

I'm sticking to my guns on the beer though Razz I like a cold IPA, maybe I have too many when I'm away
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy