Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 1800 - walking at night...!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello there!

First time posting, hope everyone is good! I have a few questions relating to Les Arc 1800 and am hoping for some help and information.

I am looking at some apartments up in up Odalys Edenarc part of 1800 but have a few questions regarding getting to and from that area.

1) What are the operating times of Le Dahu gondola? I have tried looking and gathered that it shuts at 2300hrs in the evening but what time does it start up?

We like to head out for dinner most nights and generally head out about 2100 to 2130hrs and then maybe a quiet drink or two afterwards as well. Which leads me into the next question...

2) How walkable is it to get from the centre of Villards area up to the top of Le Dahu lift and surrounding area after dinner if we missed the last lift? Has anyone done this? Can we do this?

3) I looked on Google maps and it says its approximately 20minutes to walk but it leads me through the piste. Can we walk around on piste when the ski field is shut?

4) Finally, does anyone know if there is a ski hire store that has ski lockers or where we could leave our skis and boots at the shop? I know most apartment blocks have their own ski lockers but we don't fancy finishing up a few drinks at the end of day and then dragging our skis up to the apartments via Le Dahu. Would prefer to leave it at the ski lockers within a shop around Le Villards area.

We are quite excited to try out Paradiski. We will be heading there toward the end of February. Also feel free if you have any suggestions of good places to eat on and off the mountain as well as cool fun bars that we should go to.

Many thanks in advance for your help and knowledge.

Cheers!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@kiwidragon, welcome to snowHeads. I've never stayed in EdenArc, but I have an apartment just below it in the Alpage du Chantel buildings.

I think Dahu runs from 8.30am, certainly no later than 9am. You also have the option of the free resort shuttle bus which runs from Chantel down to the centre every 20 minutes, I think slightly longer operating hours than Dahu. I believe the timetables are on the Les Arcs website, but it's horrible to navigate around so it will take some patience to find the correct page!

It is possible to walk up from the centre of the resort to EdenArc, using the pistes. You can either go straight up the piste, or take the zig-zag path which isn't so steep. No restrictions on walking on that part of the piste that I'm aware of, and I frequently do that.

Fairly straightforward to have some apres drinks in the centre of the resort and then use the Dahu in ski boots and carrying your skis back to your apartment. Lots of people do it, and you won't then have the hassle of collecting your skis from a shop the following morning. I don't know of any shops with lockers that you could use, but even if there were it wouldn't be my plan to do that.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've walked this back many times, there is a route through the Belle Challes and Les Lauzier apartment blocks which is slightly easier than walking up the piste (although slightly longer) especially if there is deep snow. Failing that there are a couple of restaurants and at least one bar up the hill within Eden Arc and just below it in Alpage du Chantel. You even have the choice of the new Folle Douce which is opening in 1800 just across one of the pistes from where you are staying.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Finally, does anyone know if there is a ski hire store that has ski lockers or where we could leave our skis and boots at the shop? I know most apartment blocks have their own ski lockers but we don't fancy finishing up a few drinks at the end of day and then dragging our skis up to the apartments via Le Dahu. Would prefer to leave it at the ski lockers within a shop around Le Villards area.

Surely you'd want your skis with you in the morning so you can ski down to Carrely rather than walk across the village and queue for Vagere or TransArc.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@johnE, agreed. Edenarc being piste side I would have thought it easiest to drop the skis off at the apartment if heading for Charvet or Villards then walking down and using the Dahu lift. Less faffing in the morning.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar wrote:
@kiwidragon, welcome to snowHeads. I've never stayed in EdenArc, but I have an apartment just below it in the Alpage du Chantel buildings.

I think Dahu runs from 8.30am, certainly no later than 9am. You also have the option of the free resort shuttle bus which runs from Chantel down to the centre every 20 minutes, I think slightly longer operating hours than Dahu. I believe the timetables are on the Les Arcs website, but it's horrible to navigate around so it will take some patience to find the correct page!

It is possible to walk up from the centre of the resort to EdenArc, using the pistes. You can either go straight up the piste, or take the zig-zag path which isn't so steep. No restrictions on walking on that part of the piste that I'm aware of, and I frequently do that.

Fairly straightforward to have some apres drinks in the centre of the resort and then use the Dahu in ski boots and carrying your skis back to your apartment. Lots of people do it, and you won't then have the hassle of collecting your skis from a shop the following morning. I don't know of any shops with lockers that you could use, but even if there were it wouldn't be my plan to do that.

Thanks for this. Will be good to walk off some of the dinners we will have!!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
wills_h wrote:
I've walked this back many times, there is a route through the Belle Challes and Les Lauzier apartment blocks which is slightly easier than walking up the piste (although slightly longer) especially if there is deep snow. Failing that there are a couple of restaurants and at least one bar up the hill within Eden Arc and just below it in Alpage du Chantel. You even have the choice of the new Folle Douce which is opening in 1800 just across one of the pistes from where you are staying.

Good to have the option of going through the apartment blocks. Thanks. Will the Folie Douce be in the mille8 development?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnE wrote:
Quote:

Finally, does anyone know if there is a ski hire store that has ski lockers or where we could leave our skis and boots at the shop? I know most apartment blocks have their own ski lockers but we don't fancy finishing up a few drinks at the end of day and then dragging our skis up to the apartments via Le Dahu. Would prefer to leave it at the ski lockers within a shop around Le Villards area.

Surely you'd want your skis with you in the morning so you can ski down to Carrely rather than walk across the village and queue for Vagere or TransArc.

Thanks for the advice about the morning lifts.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alastair wrote:
@johnE, agreed. Edenarc being piste side I would have thought it easiest to drop the skis off at the apartment if heading for Charvet or Villards then walking down and using the Dahu lift. Less faffing in the morning.

Yes I think this will be the thing to do. Drop skis off and head down to the centre or across the piste to Folie Douce!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kiwidragon wrote:
Will the Folie Douce be in the mille8 development?
Yes, fairly easy walk across the piste from EdenArc, at about the same level so not much walking up or downhill.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy