Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski and boot lockers near gondola Soll Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi we are going to Soll Jan 12th, travelling with Thompson and booked ski hire through them also. I heard it is a bit of a walk from the centre to the Gondola and wondered if there are any lockers nearby to store boots and skis so we dont need to do the full trek with all the weight each day. Smile Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is one just below he gondola, it is a few (5) years since I was there but if you hire from the shop you could get to use the lockers for free.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You don't have to trek. There are frequent buses.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Been to Soll for last three years always leave ski's & boots in the ski garage near the gondola, there is a small charge about 6 euro for the week, its better IMO than getting the ski bus. Have a great time!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Always found it easier to walk from town square as the bus was always full and you might have to wait a while depending where you are staying
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Roy Hockley, How far is the walk?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We went to Soll last Christmas and stayed at a lodge about 15/20 mins walk from the gondola but walked in every day - flatish through the town and only a 5/10 min uphill from town to ski lockers at bottom of gondola. Ski buses were hit and miss and packed and we treated the walk as warm up every morning. Coming back down obviously easier. If you have young kids the walk may be too much but I'd still use ski lockers rather than fight your way onto ski bus with gear. The walk back quite fun too - even if you dont partake of apres ski I think it is all part of soaking up atmosphere to walk past the outdoor apres ski bars on way back to your accomodation.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i stayed there in march - the walk isnt too bad and is a good way to stretch the legs a bit before skiing for the day. the main part of the walk is flat until you cross under the road using the tunnel after which there is a long incline. some of the better bars are on the way back

there is a large locker right at the base of the gondola - they serve you pretty quickly even when busy and keep it warm and dry (not always the case) - i seem to remember it being more than 6 euros a week though - more like double that but still well worth the cash

i definatly wouldnt do that walk in ski boots

as an aside as a plus you can ski right back to the gondola on a red run - it was quite tircky when i was there due to the warm conditions (it got very slushy and cut up pretty badly - it was also pretty busy) - still beats the gondola though
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There are 2 x ski storage places. The 1st is about 200m up the road to the gondola in the basement of the ski hire place on the right hand side of the road. This is the cheapest of the 2 places as I understand the storage area is not heated and is some distance from the gondola station. However, the ski bus does stop here and I think once you get your ski/boots you can either take the drag lift a good way up to the gondola station or take a chance to see if you can get back on a passing ski bus.
The 2nd storage place is under the gondola station. More expensive, but heated storage and much more convenient. This is the one I would recommend.
As a guide for prices I think the 1st one is about 10-15 euros for the week, the 2nd one is about 20-25 euros for the week, but worth the extra. I can't guarantee these prices are spot on, but they will be ball park.
Buses run regularly in the peak times but not over the period 10-30ish until about 2.30ish.
Walk from the bottom of the hill to gondola station takes about 10 mins, but bear in mind your accom may not be in the town centre, so there could be a fair extra distance to walk. The walk is not bad, and can be done in ski boots if need be, but def best done in normal footwear. Walk back downhill is obviously easier and there are several apre bars on the way down.
They are currently building a new gondola base station and installing a new larger capacity gondola, but I understand this will not be completed for the 19/20 season. I think it's meant to be ready for the 20/21 season.
Why on earth they are building the new gondola station next to the existing at the top of the hill instead of bringing the gondola all the way down to the town is a mystery and a major error in my view, but they must have good reason I suppose.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy