Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arabba to Alta Badia

Poster: A snowHead
Just looking at routes out of Arabba for a nervous partner who hasn't been skiing very long. I see the runs across the top of Bec de Roces are shown as red (these appear to have been blue in the past).

Do you think it will be a problem on her first day getting over and back? I'd really rather not end up staying in Arabba, but if I push her to go over some nasty reds, that will be my whole week screwed! Is there a better way to get to somewhere else with a days worth of easy blues?

Cheers.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ratkinsonuk, it’s very difficult to say. Dependent on things like snow conditions, visibility, how competent and how nervous on the day your partner is.

Personally I’d err on the considerate and safe side. If your accommodation is in Arabba, then some of the more potentially challenging runs for a nervous relative beginner would be returning to the village.

The other thing I’ve done in similar circumstances is to encourage a comfy drink stop at top of challenging run. Then do a test run down and lift back up to assess it.

Good luck,
snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Blue 39 splits from Red 29 right at the top. There is no red section above. At the bottom head right to Cherz 1 4-man (the 2-man starts just across the road so don’t head there). From there - lots of blues. 8 is a bit steep just below Pralongia 2 but is fine to go there and back up. Either 9 is a long easy blue to San Cassiano. 6 is really flat and involves excessive poling at the end. 7 has a slightly steep section after the first schuss that you can avoid by staying left side of the piste. 5, I think, has an annoying hump that needs poling over right at the start but does connect to 8 well below the slightly steep section. 18 has a fantastic view. Fine to access from Bamby (fast 6) or Pre dai corf (slow 2). Almost every run in this area is a blue. Unfortunately for you, the 3 runs back into Arabba from Bec de Rosses, are all red Embarassed . I don’t know if there are any transport options from Passo Campolungo back to Arabba, sorry Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks @PeakyB. We did the PBB in Alleghe a couple of years ago, and the other half spent most of her time sat in a restaurant at the top of the gondola. I did a few 'test' runs to check it was OK, but lets say it was a fairly painful experience in the end as Admin will attest to.

I've seen there's a 9.30 bus from Arabba to Campolongo which only takes 15 minutes. Thinking this might be a good choice for the first day, until she's found her ski legs?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's great @what...snow. I think lots of polling will do her some good Smile From what I could see, there's 2 or 3 hourly buses back from Campolongo around 4pm, but my guess is we'll have a very early afternoon and take lots of time going back to Arabba back down Bec de Roches. I've been showing her the 12K Marmaloda run, so a short red shouldn't come as too much of a shock wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@ratkinsonuk, Get her to a snow dome and invest in lessons ASAP. Returns in terms of exploration, enjoyment n rifugios...priceless. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@AL9000, she's done all of that and had 2 holidays out on the mountains. We were at the Hemel Ski Test and she took back to the snow really well despite the 8 month gap. I think it's a confidence thing though. It doesn't matter how steep or shallow the run is, as soon as you say the word 'red' she starts to worry.

What if I take a tin of blue paint with me?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When I stayed in arabba for the BB I skied across to Alta Badia on a couple of days. You can get there with a trickier blue (shown as red on some piste maps). But I then chickened out and took the bus back each time. It only runs a couple of times a day, but comes back from Corvara over the pass, with a choice of bus stops in different places. The tourist office gave me a bus timetable when I popped in on the first day.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Rcav yes, looks like the 72 runs at 1pm and 4.30pm. But it's only an hours walk back too NehNeh

One last option could also be to beg the lift operator to let her go back down - unlikely, but you never know.....
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
With only 2 holidays on snow plus lessons she's still way ahead of my learning curve. I've done over 10 weeks on snow (I've lost count, but 12 or 13 I think), plus lessons indoors. I can carve on easier slopes but I'm still terrified of most reds (and even still struggle with some blues). Every red I've ever skied has been fine, but I know they've been selected for me as easier slopes skied at times when the snow is good. The jump from that to feeling happy tackling a random red on the piste map seems massive!! So after a years of not even contemplating making the jump up to being comfortable on reds, I've again got it in my sights for this year, we'll see!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm hoping to ski with a small group around my girlfriends level @Rcav (although you're way ahead of her as she's only just getting out of plough). I'll probably put something out on the SBB page closer to the date, so hopefully you'll be able to take her under your wing and build some confidence together.

I would just really love to be able to go and explore the mountains with her so I'm relatively happy to ski anything at any pace. I'm not quite as mile-hungry as I used to be, and have even been known to stop _twice_ in a day for hot chocolate.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ratkinsonuk, We've all been there. Modern instructors can help with confidence issues and skiing with a supportive group adds some peer pressure to overcome the fear. Definitely worth having more lessons. Once you have your technique* down right, confidence ensues (IMHO). If she can get over the reds issue, she will enjoy the area soooo much more. G'luck!

(*not with flippin snowplough though!)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Also, any resort run will become choppy and busy at the end of the ski day and that does not help nervous skiers at all. I was like that myself once, I still am but only when extremely tired.

It's my first time to the area and I'm doing both weeks, looking forward to exploring it!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@RichardB, There's a particular red going into Campolongo (?) on your way back to Arabba, that can get very chopped up with moguls. Not pleasant with tired legs and a tummy full of lovely Italian delicacies.

(Edit: It's named Costoratta, which I presume doesn't mean castrator Madeye-Smiley )
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ratkinsonuk, sounds just like my Mrs then. Get the Dolomiti Superski app and read the discussion between jimmybog and myself on the relative merits of most of the blues in the area (I linked to it in the ‘Resort suggestions please’ thread lower on this page). Shouldn’t get too many surprises that way. Also advise you check out how many runs are required to get across the plateau as I suspect you (well her) will run out of time and energy before you get to the end. I guess the bus to Arabba also passes through Corvara? Lots of the blues go there so you can bail down to there fairly quickly (and it is extremely picturesque).
snow conditions
ratkinsonuk wrote:
Just looking at routes out of Arabba for a nervous partner who hasn't been skiing very long. I see the runs across the top of Bec de Roces are shown as red (these appear to have been blue in the past).

Do you think it will be a problem on her first day getting over and back? I'd really rather not end up staying in Arabba, but if I push her to go over some nasty reds, that will be my whole week screwed! Is there a better way to get to somewhere else with a days worth of easy blues?

Cheers.

I don't have a partner, but if I did I wouldn't be staying in Arabba with a nervous skier as there are much better options around the sella ronda. The problem is not so much the (first part) of going to Alta Badia but it's the coming back. Once you've come out of coravara there are couple of red options heading down to campobongo - if you go dead ahead (afer going up a little rolling mat) then it looks great for a while but then gets a couple of steeper/chopped up sectors. The better option (for a nervous) is to turn left and head down and then turn right after about 300m as this cuts of the worst bit. But that' only buys breathing space - Either route down either side from the top of the becce de Roses are red and can get quite choppy. The right (as you look) is wider and the left looks a little less challenging but you will come across a steeper section. When I was taking groups round the sella in an orange direction. I'd definitely try to ensure I'd covered this section by 10:30 am as any later and it can be a bit of a fall fest..

As to the heading too Alta badia - the piste down to AB itself is either a complete pole fest (the alleged blue from near the bottom of the bamby) or really quite 'fun' - the black/red options from the top of the big bubble itself. The first 2-300m really would freeze a nervous intermediate for sure - the black (lower down) is used for WC Slalom races. Not many people know this, but if you walk away from the top of the yellow bubble, leaving the St. Moritz on the left, there is a little 'drinks shack' on the right - near there is an alternative entry to the 17 run which cut's off the top challenging first pitch, but it's not super easy for the classic nervous skier

My other resort suggestions would be
Alta Badia itself - a chunk of decent blues with Santa Croce being a bit of a trip away, stop for lunch or a coffee by the church itself (uphill from the top lift)
Colfosco - a few local blues behind the resort, some open and flat blues on the valley floor - decent run back from near the top of dantecepies, although this is on the through run for the SR - quite of an evening though
San Cassiano - some nice hotels and a really good range of 'cruisy blues' - just watch the distance of the hotel from the Piz Boe - unless they provide shuttles.

Enjoy
snow conditions
bertie bassett wrote:

Once you've come out of coravara there are couple of red options heading down to campobongo - if you go dead ahead (afer going up a little rolling mat) then it looks great for a while but then gets a couple of steeper/chopped up sectors. The better option (for a nervous) is to turn left and head down and then turn right after about 300m as this cuts of the worst bit. But that' only buys breathing space - Either route down either side from the top of the becce de Roses are red and can get quite choppy. The right (as you look) is wider and the left looks a little less challenging but you will come across a steeper section. When I was taking groups round the sella in an orange direction. I'd definitely try to ensure I'd covered this section by 10:30 am as any later and it can be a bit of a fall fest..

Much easier than this is to come back via pralongia, blues all the way (edit: Adding - to campolongo, you still need to do the nasty red down into Arabba itself.)

bertie bassett wrote:

As to the heading too Alta badia - the piste down to AB itself is either a complete pole fest (the alleged blue from near the bottom of the bamby) or really quite 'fun' - the black/red options from the top of the big bubble itself. The first 2-300m really would freeze a nervous intermediate for sure - the black (lower down) is used for WC Slalom races. Not many people know this, but if you walk away from the top of the yellow bubble, leaving the St. Moritz on the left, there is a little 'drinks shack' on the right - near there is an alternative entry to the 17 run which cut's off the top challenging first pitch, but it's not super easy for the classic nervous skier

I think you're confusing the town, Badia (also known as la Villa or Pedraces) with the Alta Badia ski area. The Alta Badia ski area is the area between Corvara, San Cassiano and Badia. You're right, if you wanted to ski to Badia you'd either have to do the world cup run or the blue/red combination round. For a nervous skier I'd recommend riding the gondola down for that bit.

bertie bassett wrote:

My other resort suggestions would be
Alta Badia itself - a chunk of decent blues with Santa Croce being a bit of a trip away, stop for lunch or a coffee by the church itself (uphill from the top lift)
Colfosco - a few local blues behind the resort, some open and flat blues on the valley floor - decent run back from near the top of dantecepies, although this is on the through run for the SR - quite of an evening though
San Cassiano - some nice hotels and a really good range of 'cruisy blues' - just watch the distance of the hotel from the Piz Boe - unless they provide shuttles.

Enjoy

Agreed, these are all better options than Arabba for a nervous skier.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 22-10-19 8:13; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@bertie bassett, are you confusing Alta Badia (the area with the Prolongia plateau etc) with La Villa?
snow report
@bertie bassett, thanks for the additional info. Moving to a different village isn't really an option as we're already booked on the February Birthday Bash. We did the PreBB a couple of years ago in Alleghe and that turned out to be very beginner unfriendly. I was hoping Sella Rhonda was better having looked at some of the area on YouTube and seeing loads of cruisy blues.

At this point, the best I can do is use buses for the first day and then assess her confidence for the rest of the week. I think once she gets over this hump of thinking reds are the spawn of the Devil, she'll be fine. As we all know, each area has its own take on what constitutes difficult and will mark accordingly. I skied blues in Alleghe that I'd have called steep reds, and seen blues in the Dolomites that I'd call green. She just needs to learn to tackle what she can see on the mountain rather than what a piste marker says - take each slope at a time.

Easier said by an experienced skier than done of course!
snow report
@Rcav I've shown her a couple of videos of Bec de Roches already, and what the options are. Her main worry was not necessarily the steepness, but the fact it's narrow at the top. My guess is that she thinks if worst comes to worst, she can slide down on her bum.

I think the really important thing is to make sure she has plenty of energy left when we tackle it.

What are the other routes out of Arabba like - if we returned back just after lunch, are there a few local runs we could do out the other side? She's quite happy to run up and down the same easy blue all day (I get quickly bored of course).
ski holidays
"What are the other routes out of Arabba like .." - Not good, from your wife's view ; everything off the Porta Vescovo is marked red..

If your haven't already got it, get the 3d superdolomiti map for your computer. It is a fantastic resource, allowing you to zoom and tilt the pistes - might help in judging the steepness/planning an alternative route

https://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/Live-info/Ski-map

scroll down the page to find the download
snow report
ratkinsonuk wrote:
@bertie bassett, we're already booked on the February Birthday Bash. We did the PreBB a couple of years ago in Alleghe and that turned out to be very beginner unfriendly. I was hoping Sella Rhonda was better having looked at some of the area on YouTube and seeing loads of cruisy blues.

In that case... Day 1. You may want to start on the nursery slopes at the bottom of Burz lift. There's a magic carpet or two there, and a slope to get your ski feet back. Then take skis off and walk a short walk across town over to the DMC europa 1, the big gondola up to Porta Vescovo. Get off at the MID STATION. Then take the chair lift Sass de la Vegla. The blue piste underneath this chair is the easiest piste in the area, and great for confidence building. It's also really quiet all morning, as the crowds head off towards the Marmalada, taking the lift, but not skiing the slope. It's a lovely wide, gentle blue, with no scary drops on either side of the piste. The cafe, at the bottom of the piste, does a good lunch.

After lunch, the crowds will start heading back from the Marmalada glacier, so it's now time to change. So take the same chair up again, but this time ski down the other blue. This one is still very gentle, but it's a bit narrower and has a small drop on one side. It's also windier. You can now take the Mesola chair lift, back up to where you started.

The other thing to make sure you are comfy with before you try going over to alta badia, is take the Burz chair lift up and ski back down to Arabba. There are 3 different blue routes (just seen new piste map has the steepest one marked as a red, which I think is new), which vary in steepness, and also two routes lower down. Explore the different options. Some are gentler, but busier, as they are on the Sella Ronda route, whereas others are quieter but a bit steeper. I liked the second turn off right, which was quieter (avoided the crowds going on to Corvara), but had some challenge. This route is significantly steeper and busier than the stuff round the mid-station of Porta Vescovo, so you may want to go and suss it out first before you take your partner.

If she's not up for that, then the bus over to Campolongo would be good. The blue down to La Vizza, and then onwards from Pralongia over to San Cassiano (9 or 9a) are lovely.
ski holidays
Tried that app @albob but it just shows a blank screen when I load one of the areas. Even the search/info options show zero hits as if the data is missing.
latest report
Hmm... just been using it (to check the 'redness of Porta Vescovo for you..) : I'm on a windows 10 PC though
ski holidays
@bertie bassett, Boe is the gondola out of Corvara that takes you to Mont Vallon. All reds and blacks up there. The gondola out of San Cassiano is Sorega. If there is an easy low level circuit around Arabba, great, do that. I would definitely say a day on the Alta Badia plateau side of the road is doable, getting the bus back from Campolungo or Corvara, neither of which involves going too far. I would suggest Santa Croce, Colfosco valley are too far and Boe only if ready!
latest report
@albob, umm, tried my works Windows 10 laptop and my home Windows 7 PC and both doing the same thing. No worries, I'm sure between everyone's suggestions here I'll find a days worth of bimbling.

The hard part is now going to be whether to bus over to Campolongo or just use the local blues for the day. I can think of worst decisions to worry about though NehNeh
snow conditions
@ratinksonuk,I would echo @Rcav suggestion the two blue runs at the Porta Vescovo are very flat and wide plus some great views so maybe good for a bit of confidence building. The Corvara/Colfosco area would be good to but again as others have said a few steeper pitches here and there on the way, Also the Pralongia area some nice cruising blues with fantastic scenery. I'm doing the BB with my oldest son(only by 30 sec mind!) who hasn't been for a while so he'll be taking it fairly steady for the first few days Toofy Grin i hope! So your more than welcome to join us if want, Were on the same flight as you i think anyway so come and say hello if you see us at the airport.
snow report
@ratkinsonuk, I've been using the 3D app this evening -- it is not working as it should (loads of detail missing), so it is not you or your system..
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ratkinsonuk wrote:

Cheers.

Im not suggesting for a moment that you do what I've seen many husbands/partners do with nervous companions and bomb off and leave them to find their own way down, but I always to this day follow my wife down slopes athough she will do black runs pretty happily, as long as she is feeling confident which she will if Im following at a sensible distance, guide her down with encouragement and she will gain that confidence she is missing, us blokes can easily forget that ladies have more brains than us and dont want to go like a bat out of hell, my wife would have easily given up the second year
ski holidays
Maybe make the miles your 2nd day goal, so start easy and build. Fear and tension use huge amounts of energy so there's wisdom in starting the first day first run on easy blues and progressing gradually up the scale, allowing the inevitable nervousness to disappear before you go any distance. Rate the success of the the day not in miles but in smiles. If you are feeling frustrated then ski on 1 ski, or backwards or find a challenge on the crud at the side of the piste. Share the decision making.
snow report
robs1 wrote:
ratkinsonuk wrote:

Cheers.

Im not suggesting for a moment that you do what I've seen many husbands/partners do with nervous companions and bomb off and leave them to find their own way down, but I always to this day follow my wife down slopes athough she will do black runs pretty happily, as long as she is feeling confident which she will if Im following at a sensible distance, guide her down with encouragement and she will gain that confidence she is missing, us blokes can easily forget that ladies have more brains than us and dont want to go like a bat out of hell, my wife would have easily given up the second year

Ah, that may be where I'm going wrong. Shouting FFS at her seems to lead to a lot of standing up, trying to turn while static and sitting down again. Ooops. Smile
snow report
albob wrote:
@ratkinsonuk, I've been using the 3D app this evening -- it is not working as it should (loads of detail missing), so it is not you or your system..

same here, reinstalled last week and worked fine, tried again today and will not download detail, only "works" on two lowest detail settings
latest report
@ratkinsonuk, my friend and I were total beginners when we did the Birthday Bash in 2018. As has already been said, Arabba is not an ideal base for beginners. Because of this we did 50 hours in a snowdome before going. Nevertheless, it was our first time on the mountains.

As everyone has said, the obvious place to head to is the Alta Badia. If you head the other way out of Arabba there are loads of steep reds around Belvedere.

Unfortunately, short of taking the bus back from Corvara, it’s Bec de Rocces I’m afraid. My advice would be not to attempt the left hand of the two runs. It is steeper and because of this, gets badly mogulled up PM. Having said that, the right hand one is only slightly better.

The other downer is, you hit them at the end of the day when your legs are most tired.

The only answer really is, stating the obvious, to go very slowly, down the side of the piste, with lots of turns, and lots of stops if necessary. Also I would have one or two people just behind her blocking any head cases from schussing too close to her. It can be very disconcerting as a beginner to hear someone hurtling down behind you.

She will be able to get down. It may not be pretty, and she won’t break any land speed records, but she will be able to do it. We were lucky and had experienced Snowheads coaching and talking us down it on our first day. It made a big difference having them there. I honestly think it would be a mistake for her to ski with people of a similar standard. Because they may all bottle it, and fear is contagious. What she needs is good patient skiers who are willing to talk her down it and help build her confidence. @darkstar101 was brilliant at this.

On the plus side, the Snowheads end of day watering hole is at the bottom of that run. snowHead

Tell her that if two 60+ year old total beginners can get down it, she can. Just do it slowly.

If she can get on a beginners moguls course in a Snowdome before she goes, it should help her a lot. I did one last week. It was really informative.

My thoughts for what they are worth. Very Happy
ski holidays
Quote:

Unfortunately, short of taking the bus back from Corvara, it’s Bec de Rocces I’m afraid. My advice would be not to attempt the left hand of the two runs....

+1
Definitely go right and stay to the side where it's usually less bumpy. Easily do-able for a beginner. It's actually one of my favourite pistes as you can let the skis go a bit in the crud and the bumps aren't so big.
ski holidays
ratkinsonuk wrote:

Cheers.

Simple answer is yes it will be a problem, but there is a solution if you have a rental car. Arabba is a favourite resort, we all love skiing there but when my wife was learning this route back basically spoilt the week. However,, the hotel owner suggested to drive and park at the Passo di Campolongo lift. Perfect! problem sorted and the week ended on a high and greatly improved skiing. The skiing on the blue and simple red above San Cassiano and Corvara are perfect with some great refugios. I would finish the day with a couple of the black runs above Arabba.
snow conditions
@ratkinsonuk, having skied with her at the end of the Alleghe week...which we enjoyed... i would say that your hopes are far too high. She did really well but was still very much a beginner. Great that she is now getting out of a snow plough but its a big ask. More lessons?
ski holidays
Silly question but if you plan to ski ALta badia by parking at Passo Campolongo, surely you have to take either the Blue cherz 1 or Red Cherz 2 slopes back down to Campolongo?
As I recall, the blue Cherz 1 slope has a steep mid section starting at the right hand bend. The Red variant is also quite steep as I recall, though the bottom section is ok. Think both these slopes may be a bit too steep for a beginner at the end of the day!!
ski holidays
jimmybog wrote:
Silly question but if you plan to ski ALta badia by parking at Passo Campolongo, surely you have to take either the Blue cherz 1 or Red Cherz 2 slopes back down to Campolongo?
As I recall, the blue Cherz 1 slope has a steep mid section starting at the right hand bend. The Red variant is also quite steep as I recall, though the bottom section is ok. Think both these slopes may be a bit too steep for a beginner at the end of the day!!

You may well have a point there. But they're both better than the red back into Arabba.

Come to think of it, there's actually not a supereasy way back down to that side of the valley. The blue from the bottom of the Pralongia lift heading back towards Corvara (or the bus stop between Corvara and Passo Campolongo) has a horrid steep section which gets stupidly busy all afternoon with beginners trying to get back to Corvara. Once you've got past that part, then it's easy going, either to the bus stop, or all the way down to Corvara. And that's probably the easiest way back. I think there's also a car park by that mid-bus stop (I seem to remember it being a golf course in summer) so maybe that's the place to park if you have a car, at least on the first day.
snow report
Rcav wrote:
jimmybog wrote:

You may well have a point there. But they're both better than the red back into Arabba.

Come to think of it, there's actually not a supereasy way back down to that side of the valley. The blue from the bottom of the Pralongia lift heading back towards Corvara (or the bus stop between Corvara and Passo Campolongo) has a horrid steep section which gets stupidly busy all afternoon with beginners trying to get back to Corvara. Once you've got past that part, then it's easy going, either to the bus stop, or all the way down to Corvara. And that's probably the easiest way back. I think there's also a car park by that mid-bus stop (I seem to remember it being a golf course in summer) so maybe that's the place to park if you have a car, at least on the first day.

I agree with all of that. Yes that blue 8 section below Pralongia II chair is horrible but I think it's a bit less daunting than the Cherz 1 Blue slope (not by much though)!!. Once past the steep section, its a nice run by turning left down to the bottom of the Pralongia 6 man chair. And yes you are correct, there is a car park there and summer golf course. There is also a red slope 21A that goes down to there from the Marmotta restaurant but I have never ben on that slope or read about anyone who has, so have no idea what its like.

I really wish they would provide an easier variant to that section of blue 8 below Pralongia II chair, as everytime I've been on there, you can see it causes so many people problems. Though I can't see where they would put a variant so guess that's why there isn't one. The alternate route back to Corvara, from Arlara restaurant, also has a steep section once you take that initial left turn. Can never decide which is best/worst and find both a bit of a pain at the end of the day!!
snow report
@jimmybog, Best reduced in severity by taking 21B then 8A, I think. That way you miss the top of the little steep section, just below the chairlift entry and are on the easier side when you join 8.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy