Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pro ski simulator

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody got a pro ski simulator- the power machine?
As skiing holiday off thought I’d ski at home, any advice on this one?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 15-03-20 17:22; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I briefly considered the Power version as the much wider track and spring loaded foot plates/bindings appeared to give a much more natural action than the rather narrow Pro version, and all the Skiers Edge models.

However, given the huge price difference between the Pro and Power models, almost double for a couple of feet of metal and some bindings, I couldn't bring myself to spend the money.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 15-03-20 18:49; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you for your thoughts, I know what you mean it is such a lot more, just thought being able to wear ski boots could be a good advantage but not sure, have you got the pro? Are you pleased with it?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I didn't buy either model, but if I did I would definitely want one with bindings rather than just simple platforms. The whole point of these devices is to train your skiing muscles, a part of that is balance and flexing your boots in the turn. I know I stand and flex my boots differently when I'm clicked in. Its like the difference between riding an exercise bike and a real bike.

I appreciate that both the Skiers Edge and Pro Ski Simulators are niche products with low volume, but at least with the Skiers Edge you can see where the money has gone with custom parts. The Pro Ski is far to simple for the amount being charged. If there was a Power Ski version with the Skiers Edge build quality it would be pretty much perfect.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We have both the mini & the basic simulator with bindings & we love them! We also have a Skiers edge. Kids love the mini one with the foot plates & for e better workout the larger one with the bindings is great. The skiers Edge is a more serious tool, but for most skiers it's a bit OTT.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy