Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix Valley 2019-2020

Poster: A snowHead
CdMB just published planned opening dates, snow permitting:

https://compagniedumontblanc.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=560b442b9e9207bf5d0b797ec&id=89ea166e1f&e=3ab3d87058

In other news, discussions ongoing on technical changes in next few years with a view to extending Flegere opening into May and running Grands Montets from November to July (!) ...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Flegere in May?! Are they going to turn the whole mountain around to keep the sun off it as well?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@snowdave, haha, was talking to in laws last night who had been talking to folks who are involved and there was general curiousity about the whole thing.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@under a new name, what’s the state of the GM lifts?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@BobinCH, all good except cable cars. And a (apparently) fine skin route up to Glacier.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
And super special mega extra discount for super early purchase.

Oh.

€15.

<1%

https://www.montblancnaturalresort.com/fr/super-promo?pk_campaign_email=113&pk_campaign=22&_oid=327898
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And super special mega extra discount for super early purchase.

Oh.

€15.

<1%

https://www.montblancnaturalresort.com/fr/super-promo?pk_campaign_email=113&pk_campaign=22&_oid=327898
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@under a new name, I suppose 15€ could be seen as a definite if small improvement on the free spa day last year.

I think that they are going through something of a bereavement process coming to terms with the fact that they can no longer take the ski public for granted. Not sure if there was clear evidence of declining numbers of seasonaires and weekly visitors but is certainly felt like that last year. Wonder what next year's cash inducement will look like?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
we are going to st gervais les bains for 11 wks from mid jan, what is the best pass to buy, we want to do chamonix/les houches etc as well as megeve etc
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@HammondR, hahah - oh I don't know, the free spa day included quite a lot of prosecco!

My understanding is that numbers were down last year, mainly due to the Grands Montets - and while I appreciate that for a small number of visitors it is important, the problem was more a perception amongst the great unwashed that with the GMs out Chamonix had no skiing rolling eyes rolling eyes

We are seeing trickier bookings and far fewer Brits due FX and Brexshit.

@robs1, It's your call innit but the MBU covers all those and if you're out for 11 weeks....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeah I'm gutted about the spa day, given that the spa is awesome

When I saw the email from CdMB I was quite excited by all the glitz and "super special discount" claptrap, until I saw the price...

I actually had to go and check to make sure it was any cheaper than last year.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pretty shocking story on Chamonix Facebook today about a random attack by locals on a seasonaire. Hope it's an isolated incident.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@polo, what?? where when how?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

This.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Some other stories in the comments too of different people being attacked/chased.
ski holidays
@fixx, not sure I can comment. General opinion from the commercials I know is that Brexshit is crap and the Anglo trade is well welcomed.

You out this season? We are now resident... Happy
snow conditions
@under a new name, yep i can't comment either.

I will indeed be out - definitely all of Dec and Jan, not working. May be doing a new job from start of Feb which will involve some time in SkiLocker and a bit of travelling, but we'll see! I'm looking forward to at least a couple of months off anyway Smile

I'll hopefully see you at some point!
ski holidays
Erm, is the free spa day back?! It's currently listed as a benefit this year.

Or did I just misunderstand before and it was never actually removed?

snow report
Are the prices up for 1st time season passes for unlimited pass?

And would anybody recommend having the annual over season pass, does it include extra benefits usually?

Going for most of the season jan-mid march
snow report
Not out yet as far as I can see.

As for annual vs season, it varies each year. I know previously I always went for a season pass, as the extra cost for an annual pass wasn't worth it for me. Now the annual pass is lower in price for previous holders I get it.

Details should be out very soon - hopefully!

Edit: you can see the details of last years pricing Annual vs Season here - but benefits of each not listed https://www.chamonix.net/english/lift-systems/lift-passes/season-lift-passes
latest report
@mike1993, Annual gets you 6 days in Verbier for free. Season means you get a 50% discount on them.
snow conditions
Whilst talking about passes; I'm going to be getting a two week pass and see that a photo is required. Should I come armed with a passport photo type mug shot or is it all done digitally in situ? Tried looking on the Web site but no joy.
snow report
Ok thank you for that, do you know if any pass gives you unlimited access to Richard bozon sports centre? I'm sure I read this somewhere but can't seem to find it.
snow report
@esaw1, I think you can set up an online account and upload the photos to that - that’s definitely how it works for season passes. There’s usually a reasonable discount for buying a pass online a few days in advance.

@mike1993, the daily/weekly ski passes give free sports centre access but not the season ones. I think there’s a separate season (or maybe monthly) pass for the sports centre.
snow report
Just bought our annual passes. 2 kids 2 adults, e50 cheaper than last year. First time prices have fallen (that I can recall!) in over a decade.
snow conditions
@snowdave, Thanks for the help.
ski holidays
@snowdave, that’s down to CdMB having so many issues last year...

@fixx, and anyone buying an annual MBU who had one last year, they are on “super” promo from yesterday until the 6th for online purchase about €40 cheaper than they will be after the 6th ... link below ...

latest report
They are definitely including a day at the spa and a free day pass for a friend again, as long as you spend over €400 on MBU season or annual.

Must get round to actually using the spa day this year...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name, @snowdave, thanks for confirming and the reminder - will be buying my pass today. So excited for the winter, I need a break from work!
latest report
FYI, North Face are running free events every Saturday in October in Chamonix to test their new futurelight material - dates etc here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/futurelight-flight-series-running-jacket-test-tickets-74800886465
snow report
@snowdave, you mean you weren't one of just about everyone who tipped up at the spa on the last day of validity and trashed their stocks of prosecco?
ski holidays
@under a new name, did that really happen? Brilliant, I hadn't heard about that.
ski holidays
If there's free wine, maybe the spa should be a venue for a snowheads meet...?
ski holidays
@fixx, @snowdave, it was hilarious. I think I saw just about everyone I know in town. The place was heaving. All there for free drinks and snacks at 18h30. Poor staff quite bewildered on the last night of their season.
snow conditions
For those who didn't have a season pass last year... the link for the early bird Promo prices 7 Oct to 20 Oct is here

https://www.montblancnaturalresort.com/fr/club-prive?pk_campaign_email=125&pk_campaign=23&_oid=327898
snow conditions
when will they release for first-time season buyers?
snow report
@Gustavobs,
Quote:

For those who didn't have a season pass last year... the link for the early bird Promo prices 7 Oct to 20 Oct is here

https://www.montblancnaturalresort.com/fr/club-prive?pk_campaign_email=125&pk_campaign=23&_oid=327898
latest report
under a new name wrote:
@Gustavobs,
Quote:

This link isn't for completely first time buyers it seems:

Quote:
Special offer for 2016-2017, 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 season/annual skipass buyers.

IMPORTANT : Offer valid only from October 7th to October 20th, 2019* !

Reload your pass on-line only.

Dear Customer, you have a season or annual Pass for the last three years.
Enjoy an early bird rate for any annual pass purchase from October 7th to October 20th, 2019*.
PFor the coming winter season 2019-2020, we are offering the MONT BLANC Unlimited or CHAMONIX Le Pass at an exceptional rate for the purchase of your pass during the « promo private club » from October 7th to October 20th, 2019* included.
Do not miss this private sale period only for members of the club you belong to.
snow report
@Gustavobs, ah, yes, I see what you mean. Not entirely sure how (indeed if) they police it... might be worth a shot.
snow report
under a new name wrote:
@Gustavobs, ah, yes, I see what you mean. Not entirely sure how (indeed if) they police it... might be worth a shot.

I'd thought that had history of purchase by name/pass number but it's first time I buy not sure how it works.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy