Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Letting Out Pants

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I’ve had a few too many mince pies and my favourite North Face ski trousers are a touch tight for forthcoming trip, and I usually need space for the day after the chalet food and wine! . They’re large Chakal pants.

I tried on the extra large and there’s a huge step up - so buying them isn’t practical. Another brand won’t work due to colour coordination with the jacket.

Has anyone had experience of letting out the waist on pants? Only need an inch really. Don’t want to lose the waterproofing etc though.

Any tailor recommendations in Merseyside / Cheshire would be appreciated as the cost of this work will save me buying new trousers.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jackski wrote:
........Another brand won’t work due to colour coordination with the jacket.........

Not matching is the new matching.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jackski, Go with XL and grow into them with more mince pies n double cream Little Angel
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Another brand won’t work due to colour coordination with the jacket.

Oh well, that's pretty well the end of it, isn't it? You're stuffed. Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jackski, Go for a run!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
get on 5:2 diet, you will drop a bit of weight quite quickly.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Unless the trip is this weekend I'd go with trying to drop the weight.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all! I was worried the weight loss option might be the suggestion. Suppose I better take the clothes off the exercise bike then!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@jackski, same every year for me. Breathe in deep. Tighten midriff. Hold breath for 20 seconds while doing up fasteners / buttons. Breathe out and relax midriff slowly.

Amazing how fabric gives slightly, accommodating your new waist girth. But if it makes your voice too squeaky, there are any number of clothing alteration shops in your area. They should be able to cut the trouser waistband, stitch a broad bit of strong elastic inside it, then you can buy more mince pies in the cheap sell off.
snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I cut the centre of the waist band at the back and unpicked the first inch and a half of stitching on the back seam, inserted a piece of similarly coloured thick elastic in the band in the waist band, stitched it on one side, stitched the seam back up (I had checked there was enough 'slack' in the seam to do it) angling it to fill in the gap, sewed the second side of the waist band up (tiny turn backs for neatness) and the elastic to the base bit ironed it on a cool iron then used a piece of 'iron on' material on the inside to strengthen it. Gave me the extra inch I was looking for. I did this many years ago when pregnant, these days you can buy inserts made in many different ways to give you that extra inch or two, its a bit outside the square but you could go looking online for whether any of the pregnancy extensions would work!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jackski wrote:
Hi

I’ve had a few too many mince pies and my favourite North Face ski trousers are a touch tight for forthcoming trip, and I usually need space for the day after the chalet food and wine! . They’re large Chakal pants.

I tried on the extra large and there’s a huge step up - so buying them isn’t practical. Another brand won’t work due to colour coordination with the jacket.

Has anyone had experience of letting out the waist on pants? Only need an inch really. Don’t want to lose the waterproofing etc though.

Any tailor recommendations in Merseyside / Cheshire would be appreciated as the cost of this work will save me buying new trousers.

Thanks

Apart from the obvious (as has been suggested wink ), if you can get to Liverpool go to Chris Davies alterations in Whitechapel. If anyone can do it he and his team can and they're not too expensive.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Depending on how they button-up you could get something like these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yotako-Pregnancy-Waistband-Extenders-Maternity/dp/B074754J3V/ref=mp_s_a_1_24?keywords=1+inch+waist+extensions&qid=1578129996&sr=8-24&tag=amz07b-21

Your local dry cleaners or friend with a sewing machine should be able to make you one with snap buttons if needed.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
https://lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk/

in Burnley are authorised to work with Goretex and the like. Reasonable prices too.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy