Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canada deals

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just thought I'd put this out there - Crystal Ski have some good deals for Canada if booked before 31st August.
I know Crystal aren't great, but the flights are with Air Canada who are reasonable (and always include free ski carriage) and generally Canadian hotels are decent and some destinations have 2 for 1 lift passes - which can give you a pretty decent saving in Canada. Just don't necessarily rely on great rep support but you can do without that.
I tend to find Crystal are pretty competitive when its just 2 adults - you don't seem to get hit with shed loads of under occupancy charges.
Worth looking at and doing a comparison with DIY if you're thinking about Canada this coming season.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Noticed that too. £646 for a week in Banff mid Jan, can't knock that price.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've also noticed some really good deals - feeling very tempted to book something snowHead

Has anyone flown with Air Canada recently? Thinking about ski carriage (we have 1x set of skis and 1x snowboard) and wondering about the disclaimer on their website saying that equipment 'must be packed in a rigid and/or hard-shell case specifically designed for shipping' - found an old thread on here on which people hadn't had any issues and it was pointed out that there was info on the website saying you just had to sign a waiver at the airport if you didn't have such a case, but that bit seems to have disappeared from their website now, unless I'm being blind. Neither of us has hard cases, and it seems particularly difficult to find one for a snowboard, as well as costly even for a single ski tube (wouldn't be much more to rent, and my own skis are nothing fancy).

@SLB79, while searching for the above, I stumbled across your Jasper TR from 2018 - I remember reading it at the time and have fancied going there ever since!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We flew Air Canada in January - I would say there were (and usually are!) more soft ski bags than hard cases - I suspect the trouble you'd face is if you tried to claim against Air Canada for damage - but other than that, they turn a blind eye to all sorts of bags! We have a large ski tube which fits 1 board and 1 pair of skis but its cumbersome!

@Gipfel - even though the journey to Jasper is seriously long, if you're up for an adventure, I'd really recommend it, I'd go back in a heartbeat - and the Jasper deals are coming with 2 for 1 lift pass!!

We've booked Finland for Jan but are now seriously considering if we can sneak in Canada in March...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@SLB79, thanks so much for the info. Now booked for Jasper and ridiculously excited! The 2 for 1 lift pass (on top of what was already a cheap price) did help to clinch it. Hope you can sneak in a trip too!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was tempted but next year is already booked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
...has anybody told stanton
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There was barely any Rep support in resort for Crystal in Banff this last year, just one Rep in fact, this suited me really because I’d already pre-booked my lift pass and I just booked any other excursions as and when I wanted to.

Air Canada was fine for me but I would warn anyone that takes connecting flights, my skis did not turn up till a day later on both legs of the trip last year, this year I drove to Heathrow and stayed at the night at the Renaissance Hotel on Bath Road with 16 days parking. Got my skis back from both flights with no issues at all. This might just have been a bad experience and it could have happened on this trip but I really think there is an issue with getting skis from Terminal 5 over to Terminal 2 and back and most connecting flights are done by BA. I was not the only one in Banff that this happened to.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Gipfel - I'm excited for you!! Which hotel are you staying in?
I hope your transfer along the Icefield Parkway is OK (for us, it was dark on the way there and closed on the way back so we didn't get to see it!), but its said to be one of the most beautiful drives in the world.
Can highly recommend a couple of non-ski experiences - the Jasper Planetarium at the Jasper Park Lodge - a planetarium, followed by stargazing and smores around a campfire - amazing experience! And the Maligne Canyon Icewalk - we did this on an evening in the dark and it was amazing (and eerie!)

I'm sad to say we've taken the sensible decision not to book one of these deals Crying or Very sad as we already have Finland in Jan and RV'ing through Banff and Jasper Autumn 2020...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The deals with Crystal to Canada are borderline insane, price wise.

Booked four weeks (two by two) in late Jan and early Mar, one with family, other with the lads .... total coming in under £2700 ..... everything, flts/tfrs/accom/carr/passes.

Air Canada have never disappointed, and who needs 'reps' ..... to hold your hand?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Locked into school holidays <sob>
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy