Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

February half term flights

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
When is the best time to buy them? I looked about a week ago and we’re already really pricey so I’ve obviously missed the release date but will there be a sale between sometime that I should wait for ?

Also what’s driving like as an alternative?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Rom77, demand tends to exceed supply, so significant discounts on half term flights unlikely. Early as possible for most popular destinations best.

Maybe better prices if prepared to land further away and do longer transfer. For example, Verona or Milan for Dolomites. Barcelona for Pyrenees. Possibly Lyon for French Alps. Friedrichshafen for Arlberg.
Don’t hold your breath for a bargain though.

As for driving there...where from, where to?
snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Check out this thread

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=137668&highlight=

This is what we did last year and doing for next year.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Where are you based? We are in Cumbria and at half term we get better prices flying from Glasgow or Edinburgh as their half term dates are different.
It’s always a balance between cost and convenience.
A friend from Southern England found it cheapest to fly from London to Edinburgh and from Edinburgh to Milan rather than fly direct to Milan
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For half term week flights started expensive (BA LGW->GVA singles were £800 at release) and don't really get much cheaper.

Follow the link NickyJ posted - the group I'm skiing with this feb half term have used it and booked flights without too much trouble (the website is terrible but does the job once you've worked out its eccentricities).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thirding what NickyJ and Mjit said. Some things sound too good to be true on the Internet. This one is true! We paid for six of us to fly to Salzberg in Feb half term this year about half of what we'd have paid if we'd booked directly. And we still had a second set of flights spare (that we never ended up using, but it didn't matter!)

The website can be quite infuriating, and it can all be slow, but it does work. We've got Turin (Sierre Chevalier) sorted for next Feb half term.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I wish I'd struck a commission deal with Optiontown...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@snowdave, snowHead

If we do bump into each I most definitely owe you a drink.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sparklies wrote:
We paid for six of us to fly to Salzberg in Feb half term this year about half of what we'd have paid if we'd booked directly. And we still had a second set of flights spare (that we never ended up using, but it didn't matter!)

We didn't see the second set of flights as spare, we saw them as a simple answer to the question "So after skiing in the Alps at Feb. half term, where do you fancy going for a summer holiday?". Consider the OptionTown flights to be a saving on half term and you then have free summer holiday flights.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Mjit, the other solution is just to go skiing more Happy

We went for 24 flights this season...!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mjit wrote:
sparklies wrote:
We paid for six of us to fly to Salzberg in Feb half term this year about half of what we'd have paid if we'd booked directly. And we still had a second set of flights spare (that we never ended up using, but it didn't matter!)

We didn't see the second set of flights as spare, we saw them as a simple answer to the question "So after skiing in the Alps at Feb. half term, where do you fancy going for a summer holiday?". Consider the OptionTown flights to be a saving on half term and you then have free summer holiday flights.

For us it is a very cheap second week at Easter.

So last year we were in Radstadt for Feb half term, then drove from Salzburg to Mayrhofen for In April

Next year we are going to turin, so Feb half term in serre Chevalier and April in La Thuile. We are sharing the flight pass with my parents (one for 6 making the per head flight slightly cheaper, but they are using their second set into May for a spring break somewhere in Italy).
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Does any other airline offer this deal apart from BA?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Swiss did very briefly, but it was only ever a trial and appears to have been ended. It was only between GVA and LON so didn't cover anything beyond the BA pas, for a similar price and less flexibility.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mjit, we might have taken them, but we had a really grim experience coming back through Salzburg airport and just couldn't face it. Plus we already had our summer holiday booked somewhere hotter than Austria and we couldn't take any more time off work! We were happy enough with the saving regardless.

Depending on how we find Turin airport, we might well use that second set. Bear in mind we have four young children with varying special needs so one person's "this is a bit annoying" can be hell on earth for us!! And Salzburg got close to that..
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy