Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New season stoke

Poster: A snowHead
Having seen this elsewhere I realise I'm apporaching my Skiquinox next week (when it's a equal time from when I last skied to when I next hope to ski) so almost time to start getting stoked. When is everyone's skiquinox, do fridge or dryslope sessions count? What about cheating by getting to S America etc - so many questions.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Didn't ski last season so well past my Squiqinox as I'm booked for March. Possible fridge visit tomorrow so I'm getting back in the groove.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dave of the Marmottes, hmm. My skiquinox is a bit affected by breaking my knee in January. Normally I’d have been skiing until May. It seems that situation is also affecting my stoke...just bought new boots, plotting a trip to the fridge in Glas Vegas and eagerly awaiting PSB buttons...and have a Jan Cham trip booked too. snowHead

As far defining the skiquinox goes...not sure fridge sessions should count.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Having seen this elsewhere I realise I'm apporaching my Skiquinox next week (when it's a equal time from when I last skied to when I next hope to ski) so almost time to start getting stoked. When is everyone's skiquinox, do fridge or dryslope sessions count? What about cheating by getting to S America etc - so many questions.

Saturday just gone Very Happy
Last ski day was fri 15th march
Next ski day is Jan sun 5th
21 weeks either side. Then away again in March for our usual trip.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
2weeks tomorrow if my calcs' are right and plans work out.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's today! Halfway between Les Menuires in April and Ischgl in December!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Now that I live here, I ski right until the end of the season (end of April) and as soon as a lift opens (mid-November), so I guess this means I'm just over halfway.

Not sure what Stoke has to do with it? Isn't that a large and rather depressing town in the midlands? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Although I live below a glacier open in the summer I prefer other things in the summer Shocked

Last skied right at the end of April. If we open at the end of October for 10 days as scheduled I'll ski then. Given the recent temperatures it seems unlikely in which case I'll wait until winter opening on 1st December.

Last year I was impatient and drove up to Verbier for their opening day on 1st November. But as it cost about as much for 1 days skiing as a month here I'll not do that again.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Last week for me; 2 months on, 10 months off.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@queenie pretty please,
How very dare you!
Stoke (on Trent) is the home of some of the finest pottery ever made, oatcakes and very genuine and friendly people.

Perhaps the football teams are a little depressing at the moment.
snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Dave of the Marmottes, the very concept of skiquinox is excellent and should prompt a factor 50 daubed naked dance at sunrise surely?
snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I’m skiing at the moment in Thredbo Australia.
The best Southern Hemisphere conditions I have ever experienced anywhere. We got 1.3 metres of snow over the couple of days just before we got here.
I’m skiing Hokkaido in December......so my skiquinox is about October.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sitting on a sunbed baking I should be thinking this a daft idea. Luckily I am too busy looking at flights, accom and car hire for a December trip to Tignes to worry! Just don't tell my wife, who thinks I am researching next year's summer holiday......
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm one of those annoying people who books everything up in June... I've just paid for a mountaineering course in Dec as well as the deposit for a UCPA trip and a guided trip after that.

I can't wait to get away and all I can think of is powder.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
6 months yesterday since I had my slight mishap that ended last seasons skiing abruptly. 5 moths today till my next ski trip, obviously will be out there before but for some reason never really ski over Christmas & new year when out there.
ski holidays
Been and gone for me I guess. Think I last skied *edit - June*, and the glacier should open in 4-6 weeks or so. Snowed up there the last couple of days too...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 14-08-19 12:19; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@Dave of the Marmottes, Hmm, last skied at the EoSB in April, though it was a pretty epic day so I can't really complain about that Toofy Grin I have to say, I hadn't really been thinking about skiing that much, but then reality reappeared with a bump as next season's “bookings” started coming in... NehNeh

PeakyB wrote:
@queenie pretty please,
How very dare you!
Stoke (on Trent) is the home of some of the finest pottery ever made, oatcakes and very genuine and friendly people.

Perhaps the football teams are a little depressing at the moment.
snowHead

Indeed! Even if some of us have relocated to snowier climes *ahem* Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I bought myself a new Jacket and Trousers combo at the end of last season in a size that didn't fit ( I did have plans...….. ). I tried it on the other day for the first time, and it's a little bit too big rolling eyes rolling eyes Evil or Very Mad

I can't wait for next season, I've lost over 2 stone ( with more coming off all the time...… ), have given up smoking, and I'm the fittest I've been for 15 years. To say I'm stoked is an understatement.

Hopefully conditions will allow a few days before Christmas, there's the Nightrace in Schladming, Feb half term is booked, plus the boys weekend in March, and maybe something at Easter...…….. That's December, January, February, March, and April taken care of Shocked Shocked Laughing
snow report
@Timberwolf,

maybe need to drop the timber from you username as well Cool
snow report
Despite my darker climate change moments, im always excited about the ski season. Bought some new skis this summer which look lovely, Blackcrows Orb with 22 designs vice bindings (Telemark). Can't wait. snowHead

Particularly looking forward to Glencoe again and more working parties this summer up at Yad Moss. Just hope we get some skiable conditions Laughing

last skied at the end of April in Chamonix. It was fab. Usually get some skiing in the Lake District or Pennines during December so that puts me just about on Skiquinox snowHead
ski holidays
Timberwolf wrote:
I bought myself a new Jacket and Trousers combo at the end of last season in a size that didn't fit ( I did have plans...….. ). I tried it on the other day for the first time, and it's a little bit too big rolling eyes rolling eyes Evil or Very Mad

I can't wait for next season, I've lost over 2 stone ( with more coming off all the time...… ), have given up smoking, and I'm the fittest I've been for 15 years. To say I'm stoked is an understatement.

Hopefully conditions will allow a few days before Christmas, there's the Nightrace in Schladming, Feb half term is booked, plus the boys weekend in March, and maybe something at Easter...…….. That's December, January, February, March, and April taken care of Shocked Shocked Laughing

On the back of this excitement, and in the interests of working out my Skiquinox, I've just pulled the trigger on the December flights, so, regardless of conditions, I'm going Thu 19th December.
snow conditions
It was last Tuesday, the 6th August...………. so, only 127 days to go...…….. Cool
snow conditions
@PeakyB, @Scarlet, you can keep the pottery and the football team(s), but I do love a good oatcake..
snow report
Virtually 52 weeks between last years holiday, and this years holiday, coincidentally both in Morzine.

That means my Skiquinox was around the 20/21 of July, so i'm closer to my next ski than I am my last! Albeit, I did 3 hours in a fridge in April and probably going to do another 3 hours next week.
ski holidays
22 weeks since we last slid and 19 until next time, and just over a week until new routes spotting few days in Lech and St Anton.....genuinely excited about the hiking plans for next weekend, but not the weather forecast right now.

Never been a big fans of Oatcakes but Stokies seem like a friendly enough bunch ime.
ski holidays
@Timberwolf, well done: I had that feeling myself last season when I could justify shiny new kit as the old stuff was too big.
latest report
This thread has got me thinking I must be well past my oatcakquinox...
snow report
@Scarlet, shocking despite you living in the Alps technically me and @toxicsprout had a longer season than you (vis was fairly sh*tty on the Saturday mind). Suspect you'll get started earlier* (hmm contemplates B&B booking if the glaciers get a November hammering wink )

*provided you stay away from backflips at your age and infirmity
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dave of the Marmottes, that’ll’ve been my broken leg then wink Anyway, quality over quantity and all that, as I don’t bother going out when it’s clagged in.

Currently trying to expand the special in-car playlist. System of a Down and Fontaines DC will probably make the cut wink
ski holidays
@Dave of the Marmottes, this isn't fair. If one skied until late in the season then ones equinox is pushed back. Makes me feel like a looser.

I had to count on my fingers for this. If my last day was 7th May skiing from the Tete du Balme (which it was), and my guesstimated first day is around 9th December (which it might be, but probably later), then my equinox is in eight and a half days. That's Friday 23rd August in the afternoon. Unless I start later.

Where I wonder does that leave my training for skiingequinox?! Started this week. It is a long grind through to the spring pinnacle.
latest report
Scarlet wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, that’ll’ve been my broken leg then wink Anyway, quality over quantity and all that, as I don’t bother going out when it’s clagged in.

Currently trying to expand the special in-car playlist. System of a Down and Fontaines DC will probably make the cut wink

Whatevs it'll still mainly sound like a stroppy teenager on a driveby at Dirty Donalds wink
snow report
Were away the first week after Xmas last year and plan the same timing this year so well past the half way mark.

Time to dust off the gear and see what new kit we "need".
latest report
Over the hump/skiquinox last month. Roll on 30 November
snow conditions
Mine skiquinox was 10 Aug!

I have realised recently that instinctively I reached high deprivation levels of skiing and must be the middle way for the next winter - but I like the skiquinox concept Cool.

I have a countdown app - 127 days to go
ski holidays
I think ours would be Saturday 17th Aug; last skied at the EoSB, and everything else being equal hope to ski in the 2nd week of December.

Have a few things to do in the meantime, waxing, servicing, mounting, rationalising kit etc.

..Nick
snow report
Last went snowboarding yesterday, next going snowboarding tomorrow, so my snowboardingquinox is right now Very Happy
ski holidays
@hang11, not fair...…. Cool but, very cool ! enjoy…….....sets reminder to post on this thread during Southern Hemisphere Summer...…... Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
I'm disappointed to learn that this isn't a footy thread about the new season... Sad
snow report
@Bergmeister, Stoke obviously isn’t your team then Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I’m lucky enough to be heading off to Chile next week, although the conditions seem to be somewhat mixed. Not sure if that means I have passed my skiquinox in June or it will be in October, before heading back to the Alps in January - first world problems?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy