Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When to buy euros

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Given the impossibility to predict the future of the Euro/Sterling exchange rate, I am tempted to buy Euros in £500 nibbles monthly up until I go in the New Year, can anyone guide me as to a better way. I appreciate the sums involved are small but it would niggle me if I could have got a better rate.
Thanks
K
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good idea — and one that more than a few of us have had!

But you would basically be gambling; as it’s really difficult to predict currency prices. Even total pros with the big banks only average a 5% gain pa if they are lucky.

And remember, that the market often “prices-in” events before they happen. So you may find that when/if a no-deal Brexit happens, then Sterling will actually strengthen, as the uncertainty has been removed.

“Buy on the rumour and sell on the fact” it’s said.

The only good reason to buy Euros now, is if you are on a real tight budget, and you want to “fix” the price of your ski holiday 100%.

But if you do want to give it a twirl, then one of the very best ways is to use an international currency card such as www.revolut.com. That way, you can buy/sell at mid-market rates with no fees. And you can keep the Euros you have purchased in you Revolut Card — they even give you a free Euro bank account.

And if you want to join Revolut, use this link and get a free card, I don’t get anything in return, just the joy of knowing I have helped a fellow Snowhead snowHead

https://revolut.com/referral/peter1e
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pay close attention to transaction costs. If you are paying any sort of cost per transaction, you will get killed by doing lots of small transactions.

Other than that, buying small amounts over a period of time is a decent way of getting a reasonable average rate.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When Stanton says to sell them snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Careful with Revolut. I dont think the funds you keep on their prepaid card are protected as its not a bank account.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ster, Pretty sure they have an eu banking licence now so €100,000 is covered.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bank accounts probably but not funds held on the pre-paid card unless you can point to the actual t&c explicitly saying this as when I asked them not so long ago they said these funds were not protected.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolut
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Locking this as it is duplicated. Link here https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3431113#3431113
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy