Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR, solo skier, Tignes Le Lavachet, Jan 2019

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just thought a little trip report on my week in Tignes last year may be helpful to some people.

Travel - BA flights, LGW to GVA, on Avios/points, so cost next to nothing.

Transfers - Alpine Sherpa, booked through Tignes Chalet Company. Transfer was fine. Turned up when expected, got you there when expected.

Chalet - Chalet Ramo, Tignes Le Lavachet, owned by the Tignes Chalet Company. Single room without paying the single supplement, which can't be bad. It was my first time in a chalet and I was impressed. Food was good, beer/wine was free during meals and was cheap outside meals (honesty bar). The hosts made a real effort. Hot tub on the patio. Newish boot room for skis/boots. Room was very nice and the staff fixed the shower very quickly after some muppet (erm, me) broke it. Chalet was about 150-200m walk to the Le Lavachet drag from which you could ski down to Le Lac. Minibus available to take you to Le Lac if you wanted.

Skiing - first time I had skied an area as large as Tignes/Val D'Isere and it won't be the last. Fantastic area with lots of skiing for everyone. Too many highlights to mention, though Double M and the scare-chair in Val spring to mind. Snow was great, although my decision to head out on my own on the first morning in snow and flat light with a "where does this run go?" attitude was probably not the best thing to have done...

I had booked myself on to a Snoworks all-terrain course which (IIRC) was 5 half days of steeps (ish), some bumps and off-piste (a sort of "gateway" course for those who haven't done much of this before). I enjoyed the course, though I found out that off-piste is not my thing. I also did not realise how tiring off-piste was. I tried to ski all day everyday, and this was a bit of a mistake from the point of view of being able to do my best in the off-piste.

Apres/beer - didn't do much of that. Too knackered. Visited a couple of bars in Le Lavachet which sold good craft beers and weren't mentally expensive.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy