Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Displaced Humeral Head Fracture - rehab

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I never thought I’d post here - even after my injury... but I am getting a bit fed up with how long the rehab is taking and wondered if anyone else has had similar experience?!

Fractured Humeral Head on Birthday Bash in Feb. Locking plate and six screws fitted same day. Physio started two weeks after and progress was good in first month. Now Been 4 months and progress has been slight at last month. Have recovered about 70% of the movement... wondered how long others had taken to get full/95% movement back?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Difficult to remember as I had similar end Jan 2015 but also broke my ankle end June! So difficult to see where one physio stopped and the other started! I remember the reaching up in a doorframe and pushing through was one of the most useful exercises.
But I also got quite bad adhesions and had injections at some point when physio seemed to be doing nothing. That was probably because I had op in Italy and did not understand to start dangling movements nearly immediately. (It was about 10 days before I was home and first took sling off - and brought back my breakfast in one reflux action - luckily into bathroom basin!).
I think I was very frustrated until I went private and got a better physio after the 2nd hydrodilatation injection - having not had immediate instruction after the NHS injection!
Anyway, eventually it all came good. Except for the movement where your elbow is held at your side and try to move hand out - still virtually no movement at that side - but does not seem to matter day to day. My reach is good, but stretching along trying to paint a skirting board was not fun, even more recently - not pain, just weak?

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 11-07-19 15:22; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow sounds like your experience was worse than mine! Thanks for taking the time to reply. I’ve started swimming recently and that seems to be making a difference.

Did you keep the plate in? I am considering getting it removed. Have had different medical opinions...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No metal plates for me but 3 months off the bike outside and about to miss out on a trip to the Alps. Physio and doctor say it can take a year to come back fully. I have plateaued a bit but that is seemingly normal, you just need to keep at it. My main pain comes putting hand behind back and look like Calvin Peete when I try to play golf but am hopefull it's going to come back.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

eventually it all came good. Except for the movement where your elbow is held at your side and try to move hand out - still virtually no movement at that side

No external rotation after 4 years? And it's "all good"??? Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@MancSkier, I had a similar injury which required a plate. It took me about 9 months to regain nearly full movement. The only thing that I struggle with (more than before the break) is getting my arm behind my back to do dress zips up. Otherwise, everything is back to pre-injury movement.

I do remember that I hit what seemed like a plateau and asked my physio the same question. My gauge was how easily I could stick my arm out of the car window to pay the toll on a bridge local to me and progress with this was definitely in small increments
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MancSkier wrote:
Wow sounds like your experience was worse than mine! Thanks for taking the time to reply. I’ve started swimming recently and that seems to be making a difference.

Did you keep the plate in? I am considering getting it removed. Have had different medical opinions...

It's still there! I didn't really look into it as I did not want to go through the rehab again!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
abc wrote:
Quote:

eventually it all came good. Except for the movement where your elbow is held at your side and try to move hand out - still virtually no movement at that side

Well it doesn't seem to affect anything - except the movement test, and possibly that painting. Haven't tried any decorating recently though!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scrumpy wrote:
abc wrote:
Quote:

Well it doesn't seem to affect anything - except the movement test, and possibly that painting. Haven't tried any decorating recently though!

What about opening doors? That's pure external rotation. When I was recovering from shoulder surgery, I found opening heavy door a distinct issue.

Is that your dominant arm?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy