Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA deals

Poster: A snowHead
Some decent deals on BA site
Chamonix late March for £400 in Mercue hotel for example.
Lots of cheap flights/hotels for Andorra/Bulgaria.
Soldeu for £180 halfboard!

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/holiday-finder/public/en_gb?preset=true&holidaytype=ski&month=1&duration=7
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good shout @Mr.Egg, the BA holiday finder is great for getting a hotel and flight for the cost of the hotel on other sites. I'm off to a conference in Corfu and the whole deal is the same as the cost of the hotel via the organiser or hotels.com
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jeez... I was literally just about to pay £4.1k (family) for the train to Les Arcs... think i'm going to have to look properly at the DIY route now, some of those prices are crazily cheap
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
(thanks for posting it snowHead Cool)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@GlasgowCyclops, I thought BA only flew from London. So not really much use to us in the Midlands.

Anyway looking at the BA deals - they were offering just under £300 per person for Jan 11th self catering to Les Arcs. EasyJet had £62 per person BHX to Geneva. Add in 600 euro for an apartment for 4 and you are at about £200 per person. Add in luggage and 70 euros for the return train to Bourg st Maurice and you will easily undercut the BA price by £100 per person. And you don't even have to go to London.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BA are usually the best airline for me flying from aberdeen.

Anytime i have priced BA for a complete holiday they have not being competitive, but still worth keeping a eye on them.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I thought BA only flew from London. So not really much use to us in the Midlands.

Return train from Brum to LHR probably still sees a saving overall.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@halfhand, I usually change in Amsterdam. It has been 8 or 9 years since I last used Heathrow. It's just not convenient. A return to London alone is about £100 on the train. Cheeper ones exist but not convenient. It also takes a long time with chages. EasyJet and SNCF to Les Arcs is a lot cheeper than BA overall.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Mr.Egg, thanks for flagging. Particularly if you’re taking skis, some of those deals seem decent. With bags costing £35 and skis £70 return on easyJet, BA can be very competitive.

I’ve also seen that for the 2020 season (maybe it was around this/last year, but I didn’t notice) that there’s a 2030 LHR GVA flight which enables a (very!) full day’s work before flying out for 2 days skiing. A flight this late might even enable non- Londoners to connect to it.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
One word of caution with BA, their basic economy ticket is only cabin baggage no checked in. You need economy plus to get a checked bag which can be used as a ski bag up to 23kg. I believe if you book through your avios account you still get a checked in bag with basic ticket.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The BA holidays deals that are being flagged here include checked bags (in my experience this is always the case with BA holidays deals vs flight only). Note also that they don’t always assume max occupancy - eg the les arcs deal is for 2 sharing a 4 person studio, so johnE’s easyJet comparison potentially works over 50% more expensive.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We've done several long weekends with BA and they are great value.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We have booked the reverse (Basel to LHR) over Xmas and got business class and a car for 900chf for 10 days. Bloody brilliant. If anyone is looking at flights heading this way and fancies an upgrade there were Biz Class for 90chf on the way back!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I just noticed that the BA holidays are Friday to Friday or other mid week to mid week. A huge plus in my opinion. Mind you EasyJet flights to Geneva are under £50 return on the Friday! OK you have to pay extra for luggage (BA include 1 hold bag).

My big gripe however is that the BA flights are from Gatwick. Once I've driven that far I've broken the back of the drive to Les Arcs.

Looking at these EasyJet prices I think I'll fly and use SNCF. £50 return is amazing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The thing is. Some deals are better and some are worse. But I this worth flagging to give an option. Also for some eg LGW flying business gets you speedy security, speedy boarding and lounge access for drinks/food. Add all that up and it is a cheap upgrade.

I also find you can certainly beat BA if you fly at inconvenient times but BA has civilised takeoff times.

Flying from Glasgow is cheaper than LHR because you pay APD from the initiating airport. From INV it is APD free.
ski holidays
johnE wrote:
@GlasgowCyclops, I thought BA only flew from London. So not really much use to us in the Midlands.

From the Midlands use Flybe etc from BHX. From the Midlands UK (Manchester/Preston/Leeds) use MAN via the London hubs.

For north UK (Scotland) use gla, edi, abz,Inc for some great deals.

I'm about to book the BB flights. I'll get them for £37.50 tax plus avios each way. I can go KLM and use my Priority Pass but it is still expensive.

Anyone shopping at Tesco can easily get the Avios for a holiday for two from an annual shop.
latest report
Just looked at one of the Andorra deals, the holiday is a bargain, £179 each Very Happy ..................but the transfer from Toulouse is around £500 for the 2 of us by taxis. Sad Anyone know of what better transfer options are available? I don't particularly wish to hire a car if poss, is there a regular coach service or other option?
ski holidays
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
johnE wrote:

From the Midlands use Flybe etc from BHX. From the Midlands UK (Manchester/Preston/Leeds) use MAN via the London hubs.

For north UK (Scotland) use gla, edi, abz,Inc for some great deals.

I'm about to book the BB flights. I'll get them for £37.50 tax plus avios each way. I can go KLM and use my Priority Pass but it is still expensive.

Anyone shopping at Tesco can easily get the Avios for a holiday for two from an annual shop.

easier to get a credit card & hit minimum spend.

Im sitting on thousands of avios points, but no plan to use them. Might get a few hundred bottles of wine.
Swapped back to Virgin now. Hoping the KLM blue merger will come & I can fly Cardiff to Schipol. Easier than getting to that thing they call London
ski holidays
@king key, train from Toulouse? Goes on the route via Ax to the border with Andorra and maybe further
snow report
When BA do their Flight/Holiday Sales there have been some absolute bargain short breaks to the Alps. But the best bargains by far are when using Avios Rewards to Zurich, Milan, Innsbruck, and Turin. Despite these being "Southern" airports these are well served by train connections from "ooooop North". There are Flybe flights from MAN to Malpensa that come up as Avios Reward flights, but you don't get the ski-carriage as one of your checked-in 23kg pieces. Couple of years back I had a 3 day pre-Xmas trip from LHR to Kitzbuhel staying 4* B&B for £170 pp. Could ski 3 full days on virtually empty pistes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy