Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lifts Evacuations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just if someone is interested in reading about a lift that was stuck and people had to be waiting up to 10 hours to get down - this is in Patriata chairlift in Muree, Pakistan: https://www.the-ski-guru.com/2019/07/05/patriata-chairlift-rescue-operation-completed-10-hours/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was intrigued by the title before i read the details, wondering what sort of evacuations were being referred to .
Then, reading it took up to 10 hours to get everyone down, i think my first reading of the title was probably correct.
10 hours is an awful long time to be stuck anywhere . . . Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jonpim wrote:

10 hours is an awful long time to be stuck anywhere . . . Shocked

And that was in summer and of "picnickers" so maybe they had food/drink with them if lucky. Hate to have been stuck up there for 10 hours in winter, and maybe longer as the conditions to effect the rescue would likely be harder.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, it must have been awful. Not sure if you remember that once the Panoramic Mont Blanc lift was stuck and passengers have to overnight there- as when they were calling the Compagnie du Mont Blanc to be evacuated, they were receiving messages that they were closed! The Italian ski patrol helped evacuate them the next day, they were stuck with kids and not too many clothes, it might have been awful. It was September, but at altitude and night, I really did not envy that. Remember being in Italy at the time and watching it on the local news.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This one was recently in Vail, where 74 employees were stuck - just before the 4th July long weekendf. https://www.the-ski-guru.com/2019/07/04/74-employees-vail-stuck-eagle-bahn-gondola-evacuated/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Haha, so getting stuck on lifts are quite a common thing. rolling eyes

Considering TWO in the same week, in the middle of summer, with maybe only 1/10 of the world's lifts operating?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There are every so often, at least usually resorts are prepared to take you down - in my blog this past season I've recorded 6. https://www.the-ski-guru.com/category/lifts/lift-evacuations/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The article seems a bit confused, mixing up chairlift and cable car.

I think the lift that got stuck is actually a gondola with the cabins grouped in 3s, with each cabin taking 9 people and therefore each group taking 27. There seems to also be a chair lift at the same location. It's perhaps a two stage lift - chair first, then gondola to the peak?

I'd much rather be stuck in a gondola than on a chair.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am not sure as the posts that were covering the news (for the Pakistan chairlift/gondola), where not specific and they were showing pictures of a lift that I am not sure it was that. Bear in mind that this is a summer destination mostly, even though I seen some snow pictures.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy