Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UCPA Winter Dates Online

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
New UCPA dates are up for 19/20: I'm already mildly tumescent. I'm looking to do some off-piste courses and Argentieres is looking good for ~£850 pw however is it worth paying more for Chamonix off-piste instead? Either way I'm counting down until booking opens...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
"...I'm already mildly tumescent...""

Tooo much informations …!!! snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@albob, yes my wallet is stuffed with cash I've saved to pay for my next season. What on Earth did you think I meant?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@justabod, I'm in the same boat - a mate and I are planing a week off piste in march (advanced for me, beginners for him). For the price difference I'm not bothered either way, just wondering which centre is better and which course to plump for.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I stayed at the Argentiere one this year and did the 'expert off-piste' snowboard last season.

Argentiere is a bit out there and getting the bus everywhere gets tedious, not a huge amount of life/bars etc. The UCPA place is good, food is ok (not as good as Serre Chevalier), Sauna is a nice touch, rooms are clean & quiet, entertainment is a laugh and the distance to nearest slopes is only 5min. The terrain was good to very good. Guide wasn't the best I've had, but that's just luck and you'll run that risk wherever you go.

I chose Argentiere for the terrain and sauna and don't think you'll be disappointed. But if I were to do Cham with UCPA again I would try the other place.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@LittleBullet, thanks for the advice. I might just do one then the other as they're only a short trip apart. Did you say you have done Chamonix as well?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@justabod, found this

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3220871&highlight=ucpa+chamonix#3220871

migh be worth a read

and this

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3416684&highlight=ucpa+chamonix#3416684

since VB has been on my ticklist for a while, I think Chamonix is edging it for me
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm also thinking of doing beginners off piste with UCPA next season. Currently booked on the Birthday Bash with SH and will be likely skiing with friends the week before... so I'm thinking March-ish..... be good to tie up with some Snowheads if possible!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@nbt, thanks that's really helpful. Argentieres it is then, maybe a Chamonix week at the end as I'm basic/intermediate off piste really.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@justabod, I stayed in Argentiere but haven't done the Chamonix one. If/when I go back, I would want to try out the Chamonix one.

@nbt, you can potentially do the valley blanche in Argentiere if you do the expert grand evasions trip....in fact I think the advanced group might do it too, you'd need to ask directly at ucpa to confirm
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@LittleBullet, cheers, not sure I'm up to expert level else I'd be on the trip that goes to courmayeur and verbier
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I found the Chamonix UCPA a little dated but in general ok. Facilities were just ok, Flaine, for instance, I found much bigger and more comfortable. Food wasn't awesome but ok (again Flaine was much better). The instructor though, was way better. I was moved up to expert and although it was not off-piste course, it was 50% offpiste and quite intense technically throughout. But that's just luck I guess. Chamonix felt very diverse as well with a lot of Swedish people and not that much French.

We went to Grant Montets in one day, not quite sure how different the courses are really from Chamonix/Argentiere
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@LittleBullet, thanks.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy