Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer 2019 - Verbier Free Pass (VIP)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Free pass for foot passengers & PostBus / 50% discount for VTT/MTB this summer 1st. July - 27 Oct. - Téléverber is again offering the free foot passenger's pass this summer, which gives access to all the lifts around La Tzoumaz, Verbier and Bagnes, and which it trialed last summer. And various other discounts on activities and 50% on VTT tickets. To be eligible, you have to be paying the Tourist Tax through your accommodation provider or as a registered owner (like us) who pays a single annual Tourist Tax charge.

http://www.verbier.ch/en/activities-fun/summer-fall/verbier-infinite-playground-pass/vip-pass.htm?respp=9

Téléverbier presumably decided that the trial from last summer showed that the VIP was cost-effective. Frankly, I was surprised that the loss of revenues from one-off tickets was outweighed by increase in visitors but this must be so. I suppose it also deters people from driving up to places like Croix de Coeur, which is in danger of being overwhelmed by cars at times. Lile a period pass, if it's free to use the lift then the tendency is to go up even just for a coffee or lunch, or a shorter walk. It also means you have more route options if you can take a lift down for free. The free travel on the local PostBus also looks interesting as this goes from the railway station at Le Chable to both Verbier and further up the val de Bagnes to Mauvoisin.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Verbier is pretty quite in the summer so, Im not surprised they are trying to encourage more people to come. Plus they've got to justify their fancy new station in le Chable! Has made getting to Verbier a bit easier though... Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's worth remembering that there was a huge hike in tourist tax for those of us who own and pay the forfait. I think ours went from about 70chf to 380chf.

I think it had a big impact in on-mountain restaurant trade last summer. Although there aren't that many restaurants open in the summer where TV get a share of the action.

Interestingly now they've dropped the 40% discount for people who twin an annual pass with those who've never had one before, we may opt to just buy winter only passes as the VIP gives us exactly the same deal in summer as the annual pass did and we don't often take the bikes up the hill.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy