Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 1950 - SkiSet ski rental

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I wanted to ask a question re SkiSet ski shop in Les Arcs. Has anyone dealt with them directly, or similar ski shop from their chain, and could tell me:

1. Can I exchange skis for a different pair e.g. midweek to try sth new, without surcharge? (if, of course, skis are within the same price range)
2. Can I ask them for extra waxing/sharpening after a couple of days?

Thank you very much in advance for all replies.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When I used Ski Set - they allowed one change of skis.

I think they would do an edge and wax mid week - but it may be shop dependant.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Most shops wont have a problem with such things if you deal with them directly. Just ask when you go in to hire your skis and they'll normally confirm that it's not an issue.

The exception is when you book through the central Skiset discount advance booking system. They drive the prices down so hard that shops can't afford to give the usual standard or service so there is often small print in the contract (but who reads that eh?) allowing them to charge you extra for things that you'd normally assume were included. Changing skis and mid-week servicing are the strongest candidates for extra charges in these circumstances.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

I am planning to book things through their website, as I want to make sure everything is in place before I arrive. I read the terms and it says nothing about the exchanges/services as in, it does not state that you cannot or can change it.

Would normal price be much higher if booked on teh day with them? Would it make sense then to pay any difference and take discounted price?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The central Skiset booking system is run by a separate company who are (IMV) a pretty nasty bunch. Lots of stories of bullying shops, selling customers short etc. I've held this view for quite some time but it's not just my view: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.skiset.co.uk

I'd contact the shop directly rather than use the skiset booking system.
U never know, they might just say, "There's no difference, use the booking system" but I know a lot of shops that use Skiset booking begrudgingly, primarily to stop the traffic going to a competitor in the town. The thing is, the shop doesn't only lose the amount you've been discounted but Skiset take a hefty whack too leaving the shop struggling to cover even the direct costs of the service they're giving you. In my experience, most shops would prefer to deal with you directly and give a service they can be proud of.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is there any particular reason why you're looking to use Skiset to book your skis? There's plenty of other options for booking in advance. Have a look at this page for some options: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=104118
The Skiset website is just an online broker.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hold on - skiset actually has their own shops with ski rentals, they do not rent through other shops, that is what I am referring to when I am saying skiset.

I also asked on Les Arcs forum and people seem to have been happy with their store in the area (they have a few actually) so I am not sure now..
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bober02 wrote:
Hold on - skiset actually has their own shops with ski rentals,
There are shops in France branded as Skiset, yes. But they are mostly (maybe all?) independently owned. The forward booking service operates as a separate business hence when something goes wrong, the shop disavows responsibility and points you in the direction of 'ze other company' with whom your contract is. They then give you the run around because being based in Paris or Albertville and you being 'just a foreign holiday-maker', they assume you wont come knocking on their door (the way you did the shop).
Hence those Trust Pilot reviews.
Quote:
they do not rent through other shops,
Actually they do. Some of the shops have Skiset branding, some don't. Some are brilliant and conscientious while others are utterly inept. You wont know till you get there and when you do, your contract is with someone you've never met and never will - so any problems at the shop: tough, sort it out with the booking office. See Trust Pilot for how that's likely to go.
Quote:
that is what I am referring to when I am saying skiset.

I also asked on Les Arcs forum and people seem to have been happy with their store in the area (they have a few actually) so I am not sure now..
Well I'm sure the store's great then - I know lots of good guys running shops with Skiset branding on the door. Still doesn't mean it's a good idea to use the central Skiset booking system. Go direct - if they rebuff you, fine, take the chance on the booking system but with your eyes open.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you guys for awesome replies!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy