Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cross-post: recent Dolomites trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Snowheads doesn't really have the tradition of the 'trip report', like TGR does. But for anyone who wants to have a look at a few photos and read the story of our recent trip, have a look here:
http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50606
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Excellent Trip Report Cedric.

First it makes me jealous that I'm not at the level to ski those sorts of things (yet!), second it makes me wish away my life waiting for the EOSB, and thirdly makes me think that we need a few more of these on snowHeads.

Up to now I've left my camera in my backpack, perhaps it's time to change that trend and start getting some more pictures.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cedric, what's the difference between a Trip Report and a Resort Report?

Pictures - Wow!

I guess the difference is there are loads of pictures and you're not on piste...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cedric, interested in your comment about the signs saying not to go off-piste which we had noticed too.

A TO rep in Arabba was telling us that a snowboarder was being prosecuted because he had triggered an avalanche onto the piste killing an old man after ignoring signs prohibiting off-piste skiing.

I wasn't sure whether to believe this or not - and am not sure if this is a default legal position or whether there were exceptional circumstances then (i.e. told not to go and ignored a piste patrol?) - and indeed whether this would be a legal position shared in other Alpine countries?

It certainly didn't stop the rep advocating various off-piste routes!!!

Great pictures Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great pictures.

Like the Italians we stayed on piste but the experience was most rewarding.

I notice you got nice weather too.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cedric, great report, and looks like you had a great trip. Clearly another area to add to the "must do" list. BTW I shared a room with Dodger last year on an SCGB trip. Is he still yodelling his way down the mountain - or does he just reserve that for Switzerland?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No, he didn't yodel. Damn, we missed out - I'd have insisted if I'd known.

I already said on Teton, but great write-up and great pictures - I want some of those, without the logo!
And by the way, cedric, I was also in the James Bond chase, as you will see in the video, when we get it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy