Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Boot fitter NW London

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I've found a bunch of threads on this same topic but all the threads go back a few years so just wanted to make sure the same recommendations still stand? From where I live, Profeet in Fulham is about 45 min, Bartlett is about 45 min, and Solutions for Feet in Bicester is 1 hr and 20 min. From past threads, it seemed Colin at Solutions for Feet is probably the best bet and worth the extra drive. Is this still the case?
Thanks a lot,
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@marcs44, Your choice, my own preference is ProFeet. I am surprised all the threads go back a few years, this comes up all the time
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have been fitted at Ski Bartlett last year and would be happy to recommend them.

I found Profeet to be costly on the face of it (and didnt have a good experience with them when having an issue with some running shoes I bought there).

Never been to Soultions4feet but they are always rated the best on threads I have read here.

There is also Surefoot in Fulham that gets mentioned on here too.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 2-09-19 13:55; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Surefoot seem to have a bit of a mixed rep.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can highly recommend Solutions4Feet. Well worth the journey. Colin, the boss, has solved so many issues for friends, that other boot fitter have been unable to.

Now is a great time to visit, as he is not crazy busy. And check his pricing before you go; you will pay full RRP for the boots, and then you add assessment & fitting, footbeds, and possibly ZIP liners if you want. But he is worth every penny, his pricing is fair and good value.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Poogle wrote:
I can highly recommend Solutions4Feet. Well worth the journey. Colin, the boss, has solved so many issues for friends, that other boot fitter have been unable to.

Now is a great time to visit, as he is not crazy busy. And check his pricing before you go; you will pay full RRP for the boots, and then you add assessment & fitting, footbeds, and possibly ZIP liners if you want. But he is worth every penny, his pricing is fair and good value.

Another vote for Solutions4Feet - Colin will sell you boots appropriate to your skiing.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
To be fair I've had boots fitted at Solutions4 Feet, Bartlett, Snow and Rock, and in resort at Brundl sports in Ischgl. Never had a bad experience with any of them. Boots have always been well fitted and lasted many years.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Definitely Solutions 4 Feet
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Great thanks for the replies
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great recommendations posted here.

I always tend to think it’s best to try and find a specific recommended individual; rather than a shop as such.

ie: One day you might visit a recommended boot fitting shop and be served by the owner who’s an ex-Olympic champion and been fitting boots for 20 years. And the next day he’s playing golf, and you’re served by his “trainee” who just does not have his level of experience.

So best to phone in advance, and ask about the experience of the fitters, and when they will be available. The book a time-slot with them.

I have accompanied friends to purchase ski boots at a number of shops — inc major chains — and sometimes, the “fitters” have never actually skied themselves!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks again for all the replies. I booked in at Solutions for Feet. Colin isn't taking on new customers but he booked me in with someone else there who supposedly has loads of experience.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I just got boots at profeet last month. Was very impressed. Super awkward feet and I was there about 3-4 hours. The guy (sorry don't know his name) was fantastic and very patient.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@marcs44, you are booked in with Keith, he's been doing this for 30+ years, i am taking fewer new clients right now so i can be working on the business a bit more, still around for the weird and wonderful feet and in the room most of the time if there is a problem
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks again everyone for the replies. Thanks @CEM, I was in yesterday morning and Keith was great. Looking forward to getting the new boots on snow!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy