Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Over 50's pay a premium in the CFe

Poster: A snowHead
I've just been looking to book another session in the CFe for next week and found an interesting fact regarding their pricing. I'm a member there by the way, so get 30% discount on non discounted lift pass and lesson prices and 10% off discounted/offers.

They have an offer on at the moment, open to all the general public, of a 4 Hour lift pass of - £22.00.

As a member I only pay £18.89.

However, the only day the @audfart can make it in June is the 25th. Trouble is, the morning of the 25th the slope is dedicated to over 50's, until 12.00. But wait; we are over 50 Very Happy . Cost of that 2 hour session is £15. Then add on a 2 hour lift pass, to make it up to our normal 4 hours and after adding my members discount, it comes to £25.80; Huh? Puzzled Confused . That's £6.91 more. Puzzled Ahh, but I get a "free" cup of coffee AND a cake after the over 50's session. Razz (He said sarcastically)

So effectively I'm paying a premium of £6.91, just for the privilege of skiing for the first two hours without any kids or teenagers on the slope; or is it maybe that the coffee and cake are actually costing me £6.91.

Just thought I'd flag it up to any others who may be looking to do their over 50's sessions. You aren't getting it any cheaper at the moment, in fact you are paying a hefty premium (as a percentage).

I rang the Chillfactore help desk and they confirmed my conclusions.

Needless to say I will be emailing the Chillfactore.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bizarre complaint - buying 2 hrs + 2 hrs will always be more than buying a 4 hour pass I'd have thought no special discrimination required- just ring them up and ask if you can have your regular 4 hr pass and start in the morning?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can you not just start your session at twelve you'll have the place to yourself for most of the afternoon won't you?

Went on the oldies session today - bit disappointing, not my fave instructor - might go again next week, see if I can't get some decent practice in snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
b]@Dave of the Marmottes[/b], Tried that, no can do. It's not possible to do it on line. Their help desk can't do it and neither can the people on the desk in the foyer on the day. That day, if we want 4 hours, it's a two hour "over 50's session", followed by a 2 hour lift pass. There's is no other way it can be input according to them.

I contacted them again just now, in case I got a different call assistant and got a different answer; but nope, the answer was the same. They said we are paying a premium for having a youngster free slope for the first 2 hours. I wouldn't mind if it was a premium for a Snowboarder free slope for two hours. Twisted Evil wink Incoming!!! rolling eyes Only joking; the snowboarders cause the slope to get chopped up quicker; which is the way I like it Toofy Grin .

Heyho. It is what it is. It's all good practice. Besides, my lovely daughter bought me 4 x £10 Chillfactore vouchers for Father Day. Bless her. Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@kittya, Nope, because according to their booking system, the slope is closed to the public again at 2.00 for the rest of the day. Not sure what's on, as there's nothing in the Events Calendar for then. Unfortunately @audfart is restricted to just that day because of work commitments. His next free day is towards the end of July and he's not safe to be let out on his own without a carer. Twisted Evil

I know what you mean about the instructors there. It can be very hit and miss. There are some good ones and some who seem to spend most of their time talking to their mates at the bottom, instead of watching the pupils.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So what your saying is we should get rid of the subsidised over 50s sessions that discriminate against anyone under 50 using the slopes? Sounds good to me snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Amberski, No, on the contrary. I think they should make them cheaper than any other offering available, but for over 60's and if you attend 10 or more over 60's sessions in a year, you get a free TV license voucher. Plus if you are a forces veteran, you get a free Nando's and a couple of free cold beers thrown in afterwards, just as way of a thank you. Too much? Yeh, you're probably right. Toofy Grin wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bonus with 50's coaching session today, there was only 4 people on it. So for me, it was worth spending the extra few quid for some advice.
They need to reduce their prices across the board, when they have these offers on for just the lift pass, as your right it doesn't add up.
.... I didn't realise you couldnt just book a normal lift pass when these sessions are on... a bit daft considering how quiet it is June. Confused
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Kittyblades, Glad you found it worth while. I've done a couple of over 50's coaching sessions before and luckily had the Polish girl Barbara both times. She is lovely.

Looking at their booking system for Tuesday 25th, you can't book beyond 2.00 on that day. I've just spoken to them again to find out why. It's because they close early at 6.00pm on Tuesday during the "quiet" season. I was looking to book a four hour session, so it blocked out from 2.00 onwards. Makes sense now. I've never been there on a Tuesday before.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Awdbugga wrote:
@kittya, Nope, because according to their booking system, the slope is closed to the public again at 2.00 for the rest of the day. Not sure what's on, as there's nothing in the Events Calendar for then.

It will let me book a 4 hour lift pass from 12 noon*. It won't let you book a 4 hour lift pass after 2pm if the place shuts at 6 so that makes sense.

*Got as far as payment - not actually bought
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ahhh that makes sense. I might go to the over 50s next week, if I'm free.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Awdbugga, so you going or what? All intrigued now...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Seconded re Barbara, my wife had a full day pvt with her after a rather less than stellar experience with another instructor.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@kittya, yep. We’re going to the over 50’s session from 10.00 until 12.00 and then doing another 2 hours. It’s not an over 50’s coaching session, it’s just the slope is closed to all under 50s. It’ll cost us nearly £7.00 more, but on the plus side we’ll get back earlier and hopefully miss the rush hour. @audfart says he’s going to sell his body on the sea front to make up the extra £7.00. I’m not sure he’ll find 14 desperate ladies willing to fork out 50p. Bless him, you’ve got to admire his optimism though. Twisted Evil Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Awdbugga wrote:
I've done a couple of over 50's coaching sessions before and luckily had the Polish girl Barbara both times. She is lovely.

Tell me more, my technique could do with a polish Toofy Grin
snow report
Early start tomorrow to get to the Chillfactore for the old farts, sorry, correction, over 50s session. I’ve not been to one of these before. It will be interesting to see how busy it is. Fair do’s, it’s considerate of them not to hold it on a Thursday; which would clash with pension day. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Im amazed that you can do more than 2 hours there. !!!
snow report
@yorkshirelad, I just love skiing, full stop. snowHead snowHead Besides, it's all good practice. Anything to help improve my "technique", (using the term very loosely Confused ). Anyway, it beats the heck out of gardening and DIY in my books. Plus, I'm trying to break my new boots in.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy