Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bootfitter in Covent Garden/Central London?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good bootfitter in Covent Garden or central London?

I popped in to Ellis Brigham and it didn't seem like you could make appointments. Not sure is the same about Snow and Rock?

Recommendations appreciated

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@rossyl, profeet in Fulham. You need to make an appointment. Proper bootfitters..anyone there will be fine
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rossyl wrote:
Snow and Rock

Just don't
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have done a search and it seemed Ellis Brigham wasn't bad. Was looking for more recent reviews.

Profeet, unfortunately I had a terrible experience with ages ago with footbeds for regular shoes. Don't feel like giving them anymore of my money. I realise many others have had positive experiences
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski Bartlett would be a decent option.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Old Fartbag wrote:

Thats where I went and would go again but no but no where near Central London.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ster wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:

IMO. A little extra travel is worth putting up with, to get properly fitted boots, that you could be using for 10 years, as a holiday skier.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Old Fartbag wrote:
ster wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:

IMO. A little extra travel is worth putting up with, to get properly fitted boots, that you could be using for 10 years, as a holiday skier.

Agreed, its further to SB than to EB etc in High St Ken and Profeet in Fulham for me but up to the OP as his query was about Central London.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ster wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:
ster wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:

Agreed, its further to SB than to EB etc in High St Ken and Profeet in Fulham for me but up to the OP as his query was about Central London.

Yup.

IMO. Options narrow, if Profeet is ruled out. EB is less of a risk than S&R....but I think both are too big a risk, unless you can specify somebody that you know is good.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I should mention that this is for old boots, not new boots. Was mentioned to me that i might want to have my set up checked out.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I doubt either will be particularly interested in looking at old boots. S&R could hardly bother themselves to sell me new stuff when I used to pop in (its so bad I just dont bother with them anymore). And they want to sell new boots so I wonder what good advice you would actually get.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Definitely Profeet then. Call them as you'll need to book an appointment.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rossyl wrote:
I should mention that this is for old boots, not new boots. Was mentioned to me that i might want to have my set up checked out.

What age are your boots? Do you have concerns over their performance/fit/comfort/suitability?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@rossyl, If for existing boots I suggest you take it to a boot shop in resort and have them make the necessary adjustments as required which you can then test. Profeet is only 30 mins from Covent Garden by tube.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Per their website Profeet do a 30min ski boot check for £30 (good work if you can get it!).

I think they used to offer a free pre-season check as I remember doing one but not paying. Basically I was interested if they could stiffen my existing pair, got told that they could make some mods but with no guarantee and I was better off buying new boots.
snow report
Ellis Brigham do set up old boots.
ski holidays
Old Fartbag wrote:
rossyl wrote:

What age are your boots? Do you have concerns over their performance/fit/comfort/suitability?

Boots are 7 years and probably 11 weeks old.

I don't think they were ever set up properly. I wonder about boot flex and also, when flexed forward the space behind my calf.

Boots are still comfortable and the foam seems fine.
ski holidays
Usually the flex of the boot is not adjustable. If you want stiff boots you buy ones with a "130" flex " soft flexible boots will have a "90" flex.

It is unclear what you mean by having your boot "set up checked".

A good boot fitter would choose a boot that fits correctly and is matched to the type of skiing you have told them you do. If you only ski for one week each winter cruising ski blue/red pistes then they will sell you a "recreational" boot. If you ski hard and fast on black runs and race they will sell you a very stiff boot.

If there is a huge space behind your calf when you flex forward then you may need to tighen the upper buckles and/or the boots could be too big.

There are only 2 shops in Covent Garden, Ellis Brigham and Snow and Rock.
snow report
This is an old-ish thread but I thought I'd add a + 1 for Ski Bartlett.

They only charge £50 for a basic fit and my touring boots now fit like slippers around the midfoot and heel. I was late arriving but two of their fitters stayed behind and got me squared away as well as just chatting and swapping stories. They finally managed to diagnose a problem that had eluded Filarinskis and resulting in my boots needing a warranty return which was a massive pain in the a rse and cost me a second fitting fee as a result.

It's really nice to go to a shop that caters for everyone from novice piste skiiers to touring etc and can supply the kit needed for both, especially when it's staffed by people that love the sport and base their lives around it.

It's a trek from where I live but after some wobbly moments at Filarinskis I'm just going to save up any 'jobs' that need doing and then make the trip in future.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy