Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family Ski Trip - recommendations needed!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, we are looking to have a family ski holiday in March 2020. It will consist of 10 adults and 5 children.
The group are some grandparents, babies young children and some ok skiers.

The resort would have to be enough to keep the non skiers happy.

Ideally, the transfer won’t be longer than 2 hours.

Ideally, we would like to have 1 chalet

Many thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you after childcare with this?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Most likely . But if it’s not available, it’s not a deal breaker
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
barthez1980 wrote:
Most likely . But if it’s not available, it’s not a deal breaker

Its more that it changes suggestions Happy

We have booked one of the Chalets with Pinewood in serre chevalier, they have various configurations available and you can chose to have either catered or self catered. I don’t think they offer any child care services though.

If childcare was a priority I would look at Esprit and they have various chalet sizes and mean everybody in party can ski at once.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This is specific place we are staying in this coming Feb

https://www.pinewoodchalets.com/pinewood-lodge
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So, childcare isn’t needed. Peoples thoughts on alpe d’huez, Les Deux Alpes, Meribel. The chalets here seem to meet our criteria.
Any thoughts most welcome, please
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The only time I have skied in Meribel itself was April and it was a slush fest by then - so bad we just turned around and went back to Courchevel as the snow was so much better there. March should be better but hopefully others will be able to advice.

We did Les Deux Alps again in April (we have been stuck with school holidays for a while!) it wasn’t bad as an area but it hasn’t made our list of must go back to - where many places have.

Have you looked at the Ice and Fire chalets in La Plagne? They may suit, and I believe they may offer a snowhead discount.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@NickyJ, the issue we have is the non-skiers. I don’t think there will be enough to keep them occupied. I’ve skied the 3 V’s on a number of occasions, so understand what you mean, but never spent any time in Meribel. We’re set on either 7 or 14 March and to be honest, the resort is probably more important than the skiing...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@barthez1980, what kind of things do the non-skiers want to keep them occupied? The "resort for non-skiers" question comes up quite a lot on here and it's clear that non-skiers vary a lot in terms of what they want from the resort. Some want lots of organised alternative outdoor activities, e.g. guided snowshoe hikes, some want swimming pools/gyms, some want good shops, some want easy access to a town, some want somewhere really pretty to sit and read a book, some want to be able to get up the mountain as a pedestrian and meet the skiers for lunch.

A few threads from a quick search on "non-skier" which might give you some ideas:
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=142961#3395952
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=139264#3289028
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=126716#2925482
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy