Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Castleford Sat 15th May?

Poster: A snowHead
Okay going to take the initiative here.... Very Happy
The poll suggested May was far enough in advance so people can make it... And I'd like to go to the Castleford one so...

[If you want to go to one of the other places then suggest you start a thread for your preferred venue! NehNeh ]

Have phoned up, and a 2hr session costs £30.
If we are a group of 10 or more then theres a 20% discount so could get it for £24 (needs to be booked and paid for 1mth in advance...)

If you can make it then add your name to the list snowHead too :

1. Mountain Mad (aka Annaliese)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2. marc (aka, errr, Marc)

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 19-02-04 21:31; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
3. markP (aka me.)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
4. Me (aka me) (not to be confused with markP, who seems to think he is me)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gosh....that's advanced planning

5. Elizabeth B (aka Liz!) will need to confirm slightly nearer the time...but will try my very very bestest Cool
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Possibly, like Liz will confirm closer. It's in my calendar though
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'll do my best to be there. I'll wear a red carnation and be carrying a copy of Ski and Board Magazine. Password is......??
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
6+7. Ian Hopkinson + Sharon Hopkinson (confirmation closer to date)...

Well done for taking the initiative MM!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
8. Add me to the list (aka Dan)...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sorry, that's a working weekend for me Sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pete Horn, it's a long way too, Pete.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 20-02-04 12:01; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
marc wrote:
Pete Horn, it's a long was too, Pete.

Expect you meant 'long way'. Yes, but it's not out of the question to make a long weekend of it. Plenty of decent pubs around I'm sure.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Around Cas Shocked If you like adventure you could always check into the Featherstone Hilton Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
OK, just looked at a map, point taken about the pubs. But if I was going, I would visit some friends in the region & make a weekend of it. However I can't go, so I hand this thread back to those who are. Have fun! snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cool to see all the responses....
Will confirm with people in April and see if we've got enough peeps to get the discount...
snow conditions
Pencil me and beanie in. We can travel that way for a night with her folks near Cleethorpes.
snow report
Peter B, It takes about an hour to get to from Sunny Cleethorpes. M180, M18, M62... Dead easy! I went this weekend and had a great time. Nice warm up for Soll next week snowHead
latest report
We usually drive along the M62 heading that way. Xscape is just off the motorway if I remember correctly. I usually go to Tamworth. It's 45 mins less drive, and usually don't get delays in traffic along the M6toll.
snow report
May 15th is Challenge Cup Final weekend!!! At least you should get most of Yorkshire to yourselves - any self-respecting Yorkshire man (-woman-child) will be in Cardiff at the Challenge Cup Final!! (Am I souding optimistic?)

Very Happy
snow report
Arrrgh, it'll be a toss-up - and Ithinkg Beer and Rigby might win!
ski holidays
Bother, I have a wedding that day Sad
snow conditions
nbt, if you get rising damp you'd better give the beer a miss.
ski holidays
yes, this one
snow report
So, is it a couple of hours on the white stuff followed by a couple of hours on the hard stuff?
ski holidays
Says the man close enough to get a taxi home!
snow conditions
All back to Marc's then!
ski holidays
Very Happy I can share a taxi fare home with you if you like, but its beds for four then everyone else is on the floor.

It's Fox that fancies a "formal" do, if it happens to be in my back yard - well I won't complain Very Happy
snow report
Castleford Shocked Cleethorpes Shocked
I can't find them on the MAP anywhere? Shock
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jonpim, if you find Potters Bar, and head north. At some point soon you get to follow in columbus's footsteps and head off the edge of the known world. Overcome your fear, and if still alive keep going for a couple of hundred miles Wink
snow report
Well if MM is willing to travel from Bristol I'm up for it. It's grim up north though I hear.
snow conditions
How far South of the Border is it? Never been good at geography...
snow report
It's near Leeds I understand masopa - a long way South and a long way North I guess!
ski holidays
Hmmmm... looks like I might have to give it a miss then.

Can manage to wangle a trip down to Newcastle (the boss would be happy to sit through a rugby match if she catches a glimpse of JW) but I fear Leeds may be too far. Am coming down for a wedding in Bradford on the 1st though...
latest report
Sorry folks. Just got back from Courchevel. Beanie no longer has an ACL in her left knee. She says she'll still come to watch, so I'll be the only one skiing Embarassed
snow report
We'll see about that!!! Just cos surgeon says 6 month's doesn't mean I can't put ski's on my feet before then. Lots of physio time before then - can't wait to get back on the chuffing ski's even though wearing ski boots hurts at the minute.
snow report
beanie, sorry to hear about that.
Can you still drive?

(guys, we could hire a bus here, and we;ve got a designated non-skier - which would also mean a non-drinker, or am I pushing it here???)
snow report
Where would you hire a bus from? Southampton? London? Manchester?

I'm guessing that a non-skier would be getting started on the drink earlier than the rest! However, I do have contacts in the minibus business......
ski holidays
Here it is,

Dark Satanic Skidome

As you can see, it's also handy for Racing, shopping at Freeport (designer outlet village) and the North Featherstone Golf Club.

How do you do that nifty link thing again?

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 30-03-04 10:08; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Mark if you use [url= and then close the bracket after the address, write what you want to appear and then do[/url]
snow report
Elizabeth B, thanks for that (I stuffed the page up though didn't I Wink )
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy