Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted - slalom race skis c. 155cm

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For my daughter. She teaches on dry slope and her current skis are kids versions and she turns 19 next month Embarassed . Races for Glasgow Uni now and again on dry slopes and Snozone.
Thanks in advance
Bob
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kooky, my other half, has a pair of (think 2010) 155 Elan World Cup waveflex FIS race skis with race plate and bindings for sale, but they are pretty weighty, they were a sponsored ski for her teenage racer son. Fitted with slalom tips. Msg if you want a pic or two... think they had a bit of use but still plenty of life... e.g. 2 to 3 full seasons. Looking for £125 and I could bring them back to the UK when I return this summer.
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@boabski, this is not a facetious question - how do the skis know how old she is?

If she's small and light maybe the Jrs are OK?

If she's big and heavy she surely should have moved onto adult skis by now.
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Scarpa, will pm you. Sounds ideal@under a new name, she tried someone's adult race skis a month ago or so and noticed a big difference Very Happy she's around 5ft 8 and Pretty slim. Reckon she's good for adult skis
snow conditions     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@boabski, are either of you on Racers Skibay on Facebook? There was someone selling a selection of SL skis a week or so ago.

If she hasn't done so already it is worth her registering for the Amer Sports Pro Deals (Salamon & Atomic) where she'll get 40% off with her BASI membership. For example; she could get a pair of Salomon S/Race in a 155 for £366 (full price £610).
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@boabski, I know Ellis Brigham have Atomic rester race skis.

PS I'm in Glasgow (obviously so I know they are in stock). Blues also have some on sale.
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gaza wrote:
If she hasn't done so already it is worth her registering for the Amer Sports Pro Deals (Salamon & Atomic) where she'll get 40% off with her BASI membership.

She might not be a BASI member. HNGB members have access to similar deals with other manufacturers.

Probably shouldn't post prices for instructor deals to a public forum.
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Probably shouldn't post prices for instructor deals to a public forum.

Why ever not (not like anyone who has a clue doesn't know what they are likely to be anyway...)
snow report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@rjs, the pro deals and racer deals are no secret amongst people I know. Some manufacturers even publish what the deals are.

I used BASI as an example. The Pro Deals are available to a wide range of professional license holders.
snow report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks folks. Think she's managed to source some from a fellow uni ski team member
snow report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i know she has done it but ski Bartlett often have NOS bargains lurking around. My daughters are now in their late teens and we have had some excellent deals for the last 15 years or so. Punter WC skis type of thing, plenty of ski. We still have some older pairs which my girls use when teaching during the holidays. We have a place in Tyrol and I have also bought bargains from the local skishop. We try to support it. Many pairs of boots too, we have always bought these locally for adjustments, barely ever needed - the owner has become a friend and as the children's feet grew I would buy them boots new, and as they got too small the owner would take them into hire and give us a generous deal on the next pair. Civilised.
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy