Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski pass for Espace Killy - Val D'Isere + Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Need to buy ski passes for a small group. Need a six day pass for a week in January, and we will all need a full Espace Killy pass.

What is the cheapest and/or best option?

Seems that there is no direct discount for an early booking - unless you tell me different.

What I have found is that both Val D'Isere & Tignes have a loyalty scheme, but the two schemes are different. Obviously you can order a full Espace Killy on either website, and they will post the ski passes to a UK address for free. So even though we are staying in Val D'Isere we should be able to use the Espace Killy pass ordered on the Tignes website without any problem (unless you tell me different).

The Val D'Isere website has a points loyalty scheme which appears to give gift points to the value of 5% of spend. My idea would be to buy 7 out of 8 passes, then use the points accumulated on that purchase to reduce the cost of the final pass when ordered later. Would that work?

The Tignes website has a loyalty scheme. You pay 10 euros and get 5% off passes for the next three years. You save a tiny amount in the first year, but potentially would save 5% in 2017 & 1028 should we go back to Espace Killy.

Anything I've missed? anyone used these schemes?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AndrewsPeppers wrote:

What I have found is that both Val D'Isere & Tignes have a loyalty scheme, but the two schemes are different. Obviously you can order a full Espace Killy on either website, and they will post the ski passes to a UK address for free. So even though we are staying in Val D'Isere we should be able to use the Espace Killy pass ordered on the Tignes website without any problem (unless you tell me different).

As I understand it, if you buy an EK pass from VDI, then your first use of the pass needs to be in VDI to activate it. So if staying in Tignes you'd need to drive up to VDI on the first day.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@AndrewsPeppers, not sure how their loyalty points work, but in Serre Chevalier, you are not credited with the loyalty points until the pass becomes valid.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Gämsbock, is correct!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is the "Ski a la Carte" card any use?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the feedback.

The Ski a la Carte card would be a good option, but we all get the over 65 discounts on the six day passes and Ski a la Carte does not give any over 65 discount.

That make the Ski a la Carte card poor value for over 65s.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy