Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tough way to get some ice!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone work in freezer sales ?? Laughing Cool

During the summer and before the invention of refrigerators, the inhabitants of Méribel brought ice from the Gébroulaz glacier to the valley. It was then used for hotels, restaurants or trains, in the early days of tourism. This tradition of the "ice road" has come alive again during this weekend and the "Fête à Fanfoué". Many thanks to the young people of the valley!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=ms.c.eJw90VsSRDEEBNAdTdG0x~%3B43NiW58nuqCQIq1NS6yjw8f7igRYqa8QNRn0QmLqCbk3DWAzsQsmA~_QO0PqgGNArakcHrEg~_wzR1cu5ABFHvACHqCnR8IXFAdcP4i6idhEeM8cni8hNU01dw62HmguuE8JMxYgAyG7rfdJBDbhkQdoC1IDqXtCqyQFEltikfOsv4vZOdBc6oNzdoFyd0FySqi7CxDzSvUmNOcbgNymenfpt4vUeTZ6E4KZtKXxB947bQM~-.bps.a.140746205973190&type=1&__xts__[0]=68.ARAfbrvIQCmEauGVwPCn0YkV1259K4_uI7r4AUUhnubLyqAgjqaceoJfU_CzSC2WUXNlanWdLVMIbNjtfJ1q1hstMdrYlWwyhHdYnGoDdVX7xh-knOfQwiLAkc_ONKOSXhK5fzoXMVvxb37cs3z1QHGTZJqyU6mf9EbiqdEujrvEvOqurr1dJoFlmpya8wLwJF9mcejXvhmOgbhIKzt1QC73Tma6L8ouH7GtLZPs5xfU1z0aYebFuy8fWDiF6Bhtn-zLPUIeIxoOCUAJ5pTsqwwYifF2RwBi5KqYsd64dmBeL8Px_Vn6F2l4lVF0lUN46M15SoeqPmoNEaGl6vYsQgtD1gBt8cysJELF&__tn__=HH-R
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski wrote:
Anyone work in freezer sales ?? Laughing Cool

During the summer and before the invention of refrigerators, the inhabitants of Méribel brought ice from the Gébroulaz glacier to the valley. It was then used for hotels, restaurants or trains, in the early days of tourism. This tradition of the "ice road" has come alive again during this weekend and the "Fête à Fanfoué". Many thanks to the young people of the valley!

sounds a bit like an urban legend, Ice will keep all the year round at Méribel in a hole in the ground. Dig a hole or find a cave and stuff it with snow in the winter.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't they mine it like coal?

Razz
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David, is there permafrost in Meribel village ? I would expect it perhaps above 2500m but Would be surprised down at 1400m where I might expect soil temperatures below a couple of metres to be similar to the uk. Or is it a latent effect of prehistoric glaciation ?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Many large houses in the UK had Ice Houses before the invention of refrigerators (see [url=]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_house_(building)[/url] ). The rate at which heat is conducted into the Ice House is sufficiently slow for some of the ice to last until the next winter.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Similar to the snowfarming modern resorts do today.

Pile high the snow or ice, cover in straw or plastic sheets, and leave in the shade for months.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy