Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Season ends in three weeks"

Poster: A snowHead
Breaking news from a London branch of *&*. Asked why they have no ladies gloves left in stock (buying for wife), I was told the season ends in 3 weeks. I pushed for explanation and was told, "snow is already melting in most places", so I pushed further and was told "most resorts close at the end of March".

I am sure some Chalet owners blood will boil at such rubbish. I mean honestly!!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We are in Verbier for a long weekend 28th April-1st may.
Lift system shuts on 30th April.

I GUARANTEE that there will be some people skiing on that day (and my family will be 4 of them!).

What condidtions do I expect? No idea....I'm sure it won't be vintage powder but there will be some snow, and there will be some skiing!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rungsp,

How u going to get up the mountain?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
micksup, typical! Bet they said the season starts on 21 December as well rolling eyes
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"that day" being 30th April? In the lifts!
1st May will be a snowshoeing day, or fishing, or storage waxing the skis, or resting, or eating, or cleaning, or....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
micksup, yeah, I trawled 2 well known stores branches in central London this week looking for mens gloves only to find them out of many lines, and only a few awkward sizes left in rest. Decided to buy in resort (which will probably be cheaper!). Lots of new 'summer' stuff on display already Puzzled ... But then again Easter eggs appeared in January already!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not much in Covent Garden Ellis Brigham yesterday.

Large size Giro 9 not big enough for me. Only two other helmets would fit. Ski boots also fairly limited selection.

Then again the stores do not want to be left with stock so running out is inevitable.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
micksup, I think you'll find Nostradamus actually predicted this a long long time before S&R.

I don't know why it is but ski shops always run out of gloves... it's been going on for decades and none of 'em seem to have worked out that they need to order more. In fact they run out of loads of popular stuff and then whinge that sales aren't as good as they could be.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
micksup, What shop and did you get the name of the assistant. I'd like to write and complain - seriously! How dare they affect my income in this way Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It'll take some kind of Meteor shower to move all the snow falling here in three weeks. I'd give both my eyes for this thread title to be true. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Latchigo, me and my Mrs bought helmets from one of the above mentioned stores 6 weeks ago. At the time we didn't have much choice because they only had our sizes in a few models. Back then on the 26th January, the shop assistants comment was that it is already late in the season and they had plenty at the start of the season Shocked rolling eyes
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's noted in the U.K. the season starts October and finishes mid-Febuary. This is in terms of justifiying wages and purchase ratios. Don't worry, the shops in resort have different seasons, mine is December until End of April. That said we're nearly out of stock too, things have been great due to the snow.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
agavin, try [url=http://www.47degrees.com/store.php]Ski 47[/irl] (Fulham, Chelsea, Putney and The City). Last time I was in (a couple of weeks ago) they had plenty of gloves including some very nice leather ones from a new Swedish Company called POC.

I think the good (sic) folks in Slush'n'Rubble are referring to their sales/fashion season. THey'll have bikinis on the shelves in a couple of weeks. In fairness, they had ski stuff on sale in October...the catalogue was out in September I think, etc.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pirelli were out of stock of a certain winter tyre by December because they only manafacture them in July Shocked
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David Murdoch, ... probably on sale even earlier in some cases. I have had to trudge from store to store looking for summer trecking kit when I have left things till the end of August before and they have been out of stock. They seem to have a distinct summer and winter season which don't really coincide to the real things and then a months lull in between when they seem to have little stock of anything either summer or winter.

Thanks for the link, but I am off early tomorrow morning - tried the 47 degrees near liverpool street, but a very small branch and had very little left either.

I have an old pair of gloves, but they started ponging after only 1 days wear a few weeks ago, so the average time from wash to pong has become unnacceptably short Shocked Although taking them off is a surefire way of having a gondola to oneself Twisted Evil

But why do I care - I'll be in Arabba this time tomorrow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Mark Warner must think there's more life in this current season as they are advertising for Alpine winter staff particularly chefs in the Trade Press today Shocked
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, same in Zurich. Ski stuff goes on sale after christmas and is replaced by roller blades by March.
snow conditions
most resorts close at the end of March

I have to admit that this was how I thought until a few years ago Puzzled when I stopped using TO's.Ski Brochures (at least the ones here in Ireland) start on 21st Dec and end last week in March. This leaves the distinct impression with most that come the first of April all the snow is packed up on the back of lorries and put in storage until the next season. We are all just victims of marketing I guess Shocked Shocked
latest report
JohnHill, Forget Nostradamus, I'm most impressed by Tchaikovsky who worked on his overture for this year's Calcutta Cup from October 12 to November 19, 1880!

That's psychic foresight for you.
snow report
I get annoyed when I've read in several places recently about the recent heavy "so late in the season" What ? this is still mid season. I've enjoyed several late ski trips taking in all of April and the start of May and had great conditions, including numerous powder days. In May 2002 in Val d'Isere we had fresh snow, metre plus, down to the village, see http://www.waynos.co.uk/ski/val2002/PhotoDiary/05-04/05-04.htm On another trip to St Anton it snowed almost evryday through out April. But maybe it's best these plonkers think teh season ends in march, more powder and spring time skiing for those in the know.
snow report
waynos, Given that Monterosa really only got its first real snow in the last few weeks (or at least that's what I heard) that is quite late in the season.
latest report
Another three weeks of days like today and i'll quite happly end my life in three weeks. snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER,
Quote:

Another three weeks of days like today and i'll quite happly end my life in three weeks.

Can I have your skis now Little Angel Err, we will miss you, honest Laughing
ski holidays
I was standing in the terminal at Gatwick yesterday chatting with a colleague, very near the mass waiting to go through to the departure lounge, and was 'accosted' by a very frazzled Serviceair lady who complained about
Quote:
all of these bl00dy skiers getting the last minute cheep holidays to the slopes before that horrid stuff disappears…

I suppose next month she’ll be moaning about the sun…
But there again - I don't suppose it will be too long before we are too!!!
ski holidays
Michelle, She'll have been a snowboarder then?
snow report
David Murdoch, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
does it seem that over the last few years that ski season has slipped to feb,march,april but all the shops still think its Jan,feb,march ?

Btw any of you guys noticed where a Camelbak Snoblast is going cheap in the sales Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy