Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone skied Les Marecottes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last summer we went up to the zoo at Salven and then had a good poke around Les marecottes. We knew it was wonderful from the trips we make by train from Martigny to Chamonix - it hangs on the side of the hill, with paths wending their way between the larch chalets - genuinely like stepping back 200 years. But it's quiet a schlep from us in Mollens, and I wanted to check out the skiing before spending a day rocking up there. I've checked the piste maps of course, and they tell you little, after all, Nax and Ovronnaz look tiny but offer huge opportunities. Anyone with any experience? Thanks for info if you have it....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yip : it is great for a day. Very small but cheap lift pass / good views and variety of terrain.

200m hike up steep couloir above top lift leads to vallon de van - lots of touring / off piste potential with long descent to Les granges and a bus home.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It is the stomping ground of the Falquet brothers and is where Jeremie Heit learned to ski so little nore need be said...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It gets substantially more snow than a lot of nearby resorts, if you look at the meteoswiss app precipitation data app it often gets double what the weather stations at verbier, evolene and Sion receive and this feels believeable when you see how much snow is on the roofs compared to other places at the same altitude. The lift accessed terrain is fun but nowhere near as good as at Nax, Grimentz, etc. I think that it makes a great storm day venue as if it's going to be bad visibility you may as well pick the place with the most fresh snow, there are plenty of trees, you can't really get lost, both bowls just lead back to the same lift and there are no cliffs to get stuck above (at least not without hiking). I'm a big fan although on a day with good visibility and no fresh snow you may feel done with it after a morning
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Brilliant info many thanks

That’s a day trip next season, then.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy