Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

April solo trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am an intermediate skier (4-5 weeks experience) planning a solo trip in the first week of April. The cheapest flights I can get are to Innsbruck so am looking at Austrian resorts: Ischgl, St Anton, Solden, Obergurgl. I am leaning towards Obergurgl at the moment due to the ski in ski out convenience of most the hotels but would go anywhere. My biggest priority is good skiing and snow, I am not too bothered about apres.

Any thoughts on what the snow quality will be like in the resorts above? Also, if anyone has any tips on solo ski trips that would be appreciated as this is a first for me.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have done a lot of solo ski travel. The biggest problem with travelling solo is that there is no one to guard your luggage whilst quoting at a counter, going to the loo and so forth. If you come across a fellow skier, as well as being sociable, it can be useful to strike up a conversation with them. Although it's a risk, I get a feel on whether I can trust them - and vice versa. I have never been let down. Your call of course.

Yesterday, whilst I was waiting for a bus at Grenoble, a total stranger asked me to look after her luggage. It's happened before. I must have an honest face.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you are on your own I might go for a larger resort as there are more likely to be a greater array of lessons for different levels.
If you have advanced reasonably in the four weeks it is possible that a smaller resort may not have lessons with fellow skiers at your level.
Though I don't know Obergurgl to know if this is the case there.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Look at Khutai if still open, lovely small high altitude resort if you just want to blast around for a week.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you have not booked yet, Obergurgl/Hochgurgl are fantastic for an Easter ski. Very high and plenty for intermediates. Hochgurgl I think is better. You can also ski Solden on a 6 day pass. It is 20 mins away on the ski bus.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the biggest problem I find with solo skiing was boredom in the evenings. I take a book and sit with a pint / glass of vino in quieter bars. Normally bar staff are happy to chat....!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy