Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

MP3 player with good shuffle mode

Poster: A snowHead
I want to buy a new MP3 player to use when I ski.

It must have a shuffle option that starts in a different place in my music collection of 2000 rock songs and plays in a different order every time. Like my ancient and almost dead SanDisk.

I bought an Eclipse fit clip plus only to find it starts at the same song and plays the same order every time. GAAAAH.

I went and looked at a Sony [ Sony NWE395/B 16GB Walkman MP3 Player ] only to find it's shuffle gets poor reviews.

So any recommendations?.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only 2000 that's not even trying. Toofy Grin

I have a Sandisk Clipjam with 64Gb memory card which just about holds my complete music collection. The random play is the best thing about it. Because the display is so small trying to find a particular piece of music or even an album is a pain so I only ever use it on random play.

Tried a few of the cheap 32Gb MP3 players from Ebay but had to send them all back as they would only hold about 8GB before the memory would fail. I suspect the memory chips were programmed to misreport the memory size which only became apparent when you tried to fill the player.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've got all my music on my phone, and can recommend the Poweramp music player app (worth paying a few quid for the full version) - particularly good for its equalizer settings
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
a Second for Sandisk Clipjam
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was also going to suggest Sansa (or Sandisk) Clip (and other variants, all small and light).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Why not just use your phone as presumably it's already in your pocket?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name wrote:
That's what I do, works for me. Just don't use an Iphone as they like to shut down when cold, as Iphone owners have claimed.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TQA wrote:

I bought an Eclipse fit clip plus only to find it starts at the same song and plays the same order every time. GAAAAH.

That's curious. Out if interest, what happens if turn it off and on, or remove the battery, or do a factory reset? If any of that is even possible... Or may be flip back and force between shuffle / sequential playback a couple of times.

Just a software engineer being nosey here. They must re-seed the prng at some point unless they are complete idiots.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

@under a new name wrote,

@king key wrote,
Quote:

That's what I do, works for me. Just don't use an Iphone as they like to shut down when cold, as Iphone owners have claimed.

My iPhone runs out of charge during a day on the mountains anyway, I run it with a powerpack just so I can have SkiTracks active. Hate to think what playing music as well would do to the charge besides not having enough memory for a full days play.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Apple Watch and blue tooth headphones
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
or Garmin (on sale) and bluetooth headphones

https://amzn.to/2UYwyPt
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks guys bought a SanDisk Clip Sport 8gb
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You could always just enjoy the mountains without noise pollution... Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TQA wrote:
May I ask why you don't use your phone as your MP3 player?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Gordyjh wrote:
You could always just enjoy the mountains without noise pollution... Laughing

Whilst I love the peace and quiet of the mountains, I'll take someone else using an MP3 player with headphones over having to listen to someone else's Bluetooth speaker every single day of the week / season / year.
snow report
@jebroni3_16, just kill them!
ski holidays
king key wrote:
TQA wrote:
May I ask why you don't use your phone as your MP3 player?

I am a Luddite.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy