Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski hire schladming

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Staying at Hotel Rossl in Schladming in a couple of weeks, described as 5 mins from Planai lift. Anybody recommend a good ski hire shop?

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi

I have skiied in Schladming for the last 3 seasons and can recommend Tritscher in the centre of Schladming or up at Rohrmoos (next to/ and at the bottom of Hochwurzen Mountain). They have been very helpful in the past and I think if you pay with cash you get a discount (ask them first!!).

Happy Hunting!!.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have stayed at the Rossl with Equity/Rocket Ski twice before and both times they offered their own ski hire actually in the hotel. Equipment was new and we had no problems. There are lockers underneath the Planai gondola station if you don't want to carry them to and fro - cost was 1 euro per night last time we were there. Schladming is a lovely town and ski area - have lunch at Onkel Willi's! Hope you have a great holiday.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
charlie kahr right by the lifts is good - not cheap but very convienient and good equipment.

aj xx
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mfamily2, Are you not going with Equity then?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
alex_heney, We booked through bookable ski, but it's a rocket ski holiday, if that makes sense??????????? This is the first time we have deviated from the likes of crystal, so I am interested to see how we go?? Flights are with Thomas Cook.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Janska, Can you tell me about the hotel. It's described as basic which is ok if clean etc? Any other tips would be welcome. Cheers
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mfamily2, We have stayed at this hotel twice before, both times at Christmas when it was particularly magical as the onion domed church is very close by so I hope you enjoy the sound of bells!! The transfer from Salzburg is no more than 90 minutes - if that. The hotel is set on the first and second floors of the building, I think there was a bank on the ground floor and a bar/club in the basement - which didn't disturb us. We have stayed in ' basic' places and would describe the Rossl as better than that - assuming that it hasn't deteriorated greatly in the last couple of years. Standard of staff and service was good as was the food. Bar area is rather small though. Rooms were comfy, warm, had tv and bathroom/shower had plenty of hot water. Unless they have changed what they offer, there was ski/boot fit organised in the hotel on the first evening with their own equipment. Ski room inside the hotel with steps to outside, then a level walk of about 5 minutes to the Planai gondola/bus stop. I think Equity/Rocket Ski offer a Ski Companion service a couple of times during the week, as well as quiz evening, skittles night, tobogganning, sleigh ride, typical Austrian evening, etc. We did the tobogganning evening on the floodlit run over at Rohrmoos and were the oldest ones there amongst the mainly twenty-somethings (including our children who dared us to do it). We made it to the bottom having ruined a pair of shoes and only just stopping in time, but having never laughed so much. So worth thinking about probably. The typical Austrian evening - also over at Rohrmoos - well we wouldn't bother doing it again but it was different. Anything else that might be helpful?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mfamily2, Ah. Rocketski are Equity's sister company, but don't do "inclusive" holidays the same way Equity do.

When I went, the Rocketski branch of the company didn't exist (I think), so everybody in the Rossl or other Equity hotels (I was in the Schladmingerhof) had ski hire included in the main holiday price.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Janska, Many thanks for that hotel sounds nice enough and we will no doubt work our way through the rest. Can't wait!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
m family 2 what date are you travelling and where from, we are 5 adults and a child of six and we go out from Manchester on the 7th, Just wondering if we might be there same time as you?

Lynne m> NehNeh
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lynne melia, The week before, enjoy!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cjones09, can you recommend the Sport Royal? Ta
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy