Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

April short break

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for some advice...

The girlfriend and I are looking at going for a short break, flying Sat 13th April landing in Geneva at 09.20, returning back to the UK Tues 16th Apr Departing Geneva at 21.20.

This should hopefully give us at least 3 days, possibly 3.5 days skiing if we can get on the slopes after lunch on the day we arrive. I'm pretty experienced, been skiing the last 15 years, the GF is off the back of her first week in Mayrhofen last week, and has done well, but limited to blues and reds.

Given our situation, where would you consider going? At the moment i've priced up Chamonix and Avoriaz, and both coming in at a similar price. Both have short transfer times, and this I think will be key to getting the most out of a short break.

Grateful for anyones ideas and thoughts.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sunweb have a place staying in Belle Plagne - coming up at £129 per person including your lift pass
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://www.sunweb.co.uk/ski/france/paradiski/la-plagne/la-plagne/residence-cassiopee-short-stay?Duration=4&Month=2019-04-01&Mealplan=LG&TransportType=SelfDrive&Participants%5B0%5D%5B0%5D=1989-03-25&Participants%5B0%5D%5B1%5D=1989-03-25&Allocation=1
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sunweb! Completely forgot about that company! Transfers to La Plagne a bit more tricky, would probably need to hire a car, although that would solve our, where to leave the bags issue!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@swskier, that price was for 3 days 4 nights so would be leaving the accommodation slightly early but means you can leave your bags in the apartment and would me you have the lift pass for the last day (if I did my sims right!)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just looked through, by the time you add in hiring a car, fuel, tolls etc, it'll actually work out more than Avoriaz or Chamonix, with more travel time required. Shame.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@swskier, shame. They had a good number come back but that one jumped out at being very cheap but also I have been to that region mid April before and is pretty snowsure.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@swskier, hmmmm...Chamonix for beginner....would say no but others might disagree...

Dare I say Nendaz? Difficult to anticipate snowsure slopes ... last year was plastered but these high pressure systems seem pretty locked-in this year...

Just along the valley - base yourself in Grimentz with a car and you can hit many places. Grimentz north facing, good for beginner and only 2.5 hours from GVA.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@swskier Where have you ended up?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy