Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
found good flight deals to Geneva for next year, so trying to decide where to ski. Would love to hear some recommendations please for:
- family of 4, 2 adult snowboarders (so not too much flat if possible), 2 skiing kids (age 8/10)
- all similar ability level - solid intermediates (blues and reds)
- up to 90 min driving time from Geneva (could stretch to 2 hours for the perfect location)
- preferably France (or Swiss) as I speak reasonable French, but Italy could be an option?
- reasonable snow-sure, bearing in mind i know none of us has a crystal ball!
- small town/ski station but linking into somewhere with a good variety and number of runs - we tend to cover a lot of ground and stay out all day.
- ski in / out or close to it - preferably no need for a bus - short walk to lift preferable.
- not too busy (impossible 2nd week Feb?!)

We went to Morillon this year (stayed in les esserts) and it was ideal but want to try somewhere new.

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@lcd80,
I was going to suggest Flaine / Les Carroz, but I guess you've done that now.
Anywhere should be snowsure in Mid-Feb.
You could try somehwere in the Portes de Soleil. Short transfer and a selection of possible resorts. No my favourite area and I really don't like Morzine but loads of people do and there are plenty of other nice villages. Avoriaz is v snow sure and convenient, but not very pretty.

Based on my limited experience I'd suggest suffering a longer transfer (2:25) and heading to somewhere like Paradiski. Plenty of nice satellite villages around La Plagne like Montalbert - personal favourite of mine.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good 4 Boarding
90 mins from GVA
Ski in / out
Reasonably Snow Sure
Linked to other places
French

Avoriaz all day long
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks - both on my list, have been to avoriaz (though stayed in Les Gets) a long time ago but remember it being good if a little ugly. Seems expensive (comparatively) though. Spotted a nice apartment in Vallandry (been there before too) and am tempted to put up with the longer drive. Flying from an airport 3.5 hours from home (saves £1200!!), so makes a long day of travelling.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also for PdS area, Champéry on Swiss side and Chatel, both for full access to area with good outlook.

An outlier but not difficult journey, Val D Anniviers and stay at either Grimentz or Zinal in that order. Good variety of terrain, almost complete absence of flats (can't recall any at all, that's flats as in flat piste) with accommodation just walk to lift.

Or before you get that far along the valley, Nendaz for 4 valleys ski area. Lift pass prices may skew this one away from budget though. Maybe wrong but it seems to be a bit above the others.

We've stayed at both and taken a day out to Zermatt to add interest, a good way of introduction if you've not visited as it's only about 1 hr by car.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
La Thuile, with days out to Pila, Courmayeur etc could be an interesting week and I think 2 away days are covered on the 6 day lift pass. Linked to La Rosiere skiwise.

Or Samoens, Verbier?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lcd80 wrote:
thanks - both on my list, have been to avoriaz (though stayed in Les Gets) a long time ago but remember it being good if a little ugly. Seems expensive (comparatively) though. Spotted a nice apartment in Vallandry (been there before too) and am tempted to put up with the longer drive. Flying from an airport 3.5 hours from home (saves £1200!!), so makes a long day of travelling.
I think you said you've booked flights already, but otherwise it's sometimes worth considering booking Friday to Sunday flights and spending the first and last nights at a cheap hotel mid-transfer. Potentially this can give you much cheaper flights and an extra two days skiing. However, I suspect you're a bit stuffed if trying to squeeze it into half-term.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Avoriaz isn’t the prettiest in the town, but how much time do you spend in town and how much out on the slopes? When I’m in the mountains I couldn’t give a flyer about the architecture

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Les diablerets, great link into Villar. The fabulous Glacier 3000 a short bus ride up to col du pillon. For further adventure a trip over the col into the Gstaad area.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chatel
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy