Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Parking for Lyon airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I have to pick up and drop off several groups of family over the next two weeks at Lyon airport. Does anyone know the easiest place to park to collect for easyJet flights to/from Gatwick.
I have seen on the website that what they class as short stay is free for 10 minutes then something like €1.50 a minute after that so not much use to me.
Also the parking websites mention collecting a ticket on entry to the car parks and then paying by holding a ‘badge’ up against something to exit. Does anyone know what that is all about ?
Thanks....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is the pick-up car park as you say, but also short stay and long stay options. The airport website has the details. I've used the short stay car park when I've been meeting someone arriving: collect a car park ticket at the barrier on the way in to the car park, then use the machine in the airport terminal to pay and validate your ticket for exit. All fairly straightforward. You just need to enter the correct car park; I think I used Car Park C, but double check that on the website.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
what I do back home is park up a few mins from the airport. I then get the family member to bell me once they are through security or collected luggage if they have any. Will still take a few mins to walk outside anyway.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've used the free and longer term (think it was a walk rather than bus ride away) there. I've also parked at the nearest services towards Grenoble (L'Isle d'Abeau I think) and driven over once they've landed and met them in the free

Last time I went I think there was vehicle recognition in the free, no stopping in or out.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I get them to jump on the Hertz bus and meet at the bus stop there.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is a information point on the way into the airport that has free parking, wait there until they are outside and then go into the 10minute free pickup drop off area which is right outside the terminal
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all the replies.
It will have to be a mix of all your suggestions as we are dropping off family catching the Gatwick bound leg of those flying in for one of the trips.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sierrauniformecho wrote:
There is a information point on the way into the airport that has free parking, wait there until they are outside and then go into the 10minute free pickup drop off area which is right outside the terminal

Yes it is by the roundabout on the approach to the airport. There is an arrivals board there so you can check if the flight has actually arrived (yes I know you can do that on the internet as well Smile ) There is a restriction on the barriers at the drop off at terminal 1, assume it's the same at the others, where I think you can only go around twice and are then locked out for a period of time, cannot remember how long but 1/2 hour sounds familiar.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FWIW I used the P5 last week with the shuttle bus - Really easy.
The nice feature is that if you book online you can benefit from the APNR, so the barriers automatically open for you on entry and exit.
Though for pick-up and drop-off, you would probably want the Depose Rapide & T1 & T2 Minute.
If you are making many trips, I believe the ANPR limits you to 2 entries per 24h.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jimmjimm wrote:
I get them to jump on the Hertz bus and meet at the bus stop there.

What’s the frequency of that? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Laughing Laughing Laughing @geepee, LOL
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy