Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schladming

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I fancy a trip to Schladming, to watch the night slalom, so I thought we'd start thinking about it now so we have plenty of time to get fixed.

Ideally, we'd be based close enough to be able to ski all week (without paying a fortune for the privilege of going in race week), and have an evening trip over to watch the racing. Mrs NBT is not a fan of using ski buses though so I'm wondering about the advisability of staying a little further out - i know for instance Flangesax has a place in Radstadt down the valley, so that might be an option? Or would be better based in Schladming itself and limit ourselves to the lift-linked skiing in the local area? There would be be a mix of skiiers and boarders and perhaps a mix of ability levels. I know too that some who might be interested prefer the "uk tour op french chalet" style of holiday where we have tea and cake waiting when we get back from a day on the slopes, but I'm not aware of any uk tour operators who offer trips to Schladming.

Any constructive advice on places to stay so as to minimise travelling and anything else we need to consider would be appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@nbt, Flangesax’s place would suit you well if available. I know that week is very popular though. You’d certainly get offered cake and refreshments after skiing. I’m sure Flangesax can advise on possible travel arrangements to get to the night race.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Flangesax’s place is great. We’ve stayed there and drove to different areas each day - this would be the best option if staying there. Ski bus is possible if Mrs NBT can bring herself to using them. I love the hill at Radstadt but it isn’t a big area so you wouldn’t spend all week skiing it.

If you want to do the tour operator thing then I think Crystal offer trips to Schladming. Other than that it’s probably a DIY trip. If accommodation is difficult to find in Schladders itself you could look at Rohrmoos or Haus. Rohrmoos is a small satellite village just outside Schladming that is linked to the Planai. Most properties in Rohrmoos seem to be ski/out. Evening buses to Schladming are plentiful. Haus is a village a few km away again linked to the large ski area. I don’t know much about staying in Pichl.

Further afield but still an easy trip to Schladders you could look at Flachau or Zauchensee. Both have big linked ski area and easy.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Literally just back from Schladming tonight - had a great week there, including watching the race.

Race week didn't affect the actual skiing at all - the slopes were quiet and didn't queue at a lift for more than a couple of minutes all week. We stayed at the Planai - opposite the gondola and in the centre of town, but I wouldn't recommend the hotel as a place to stay. We didn't actually book anything until August of last year, but had no problems with anything being booked up at that stage. Other than race night itself, town wasn't busy, and the ski buses to the more far flung hills were all efficient and on time to the minute.

It's honestly one of the best live sporting events I've ever been to, and Schladming's a great town to base yourself in. It's an easy DIY if you don't fancy the tour operator option. It seemed there's lots of apartment options in and around the town, which might suit your needs.

Let me know if you need any more specific info.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
whats the actual skiing like in Schladming? looks from the maps that it is numerous separate mountains each with only a few red runs to have a go at. so is there loads of schlepping around on buses and chairlifts?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@JONR, you can ski from one end to the other
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@JONR - great skiing for all abilities - I regually go in a group where some do top to bottom of all 4 mountains (and back again to where they started) in 1 day and others stick to the blue and easier red runs on 1 mountain.

No ski busses required between the 4 mountains.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am going to schladming for the night race in 2020. Which tickets are best to get out of red, yellow or stadium(green) tickets?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am going to schladming for the night race in 2020. Which tickets are best to get out of red, yellow or stadium(green) tickets?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
been there once, loved it and the company I was with. It's nowt special in terms of snow but it does have a really good local vibe . . . I will be going back.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We’ve just booked accommodation and tickets for next year’s night race. The apartment accommodation was €700 for the week (sat to sat) and is in central Schladming. Hotels for one or two nights during the week are incredibly expensive. I get the impression that the serious/regular race goers don’t go for the week, as Kitzbuhel is the weekend before. We were only going to go for a couple of nights, but it seems just as cheap to go for the week. The added bonus is that Schladming is included on our Super Salzburg season pass.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Agree with all the others but you might also consider the Ladies Night Slalom in Flachau which is normally Mid Jan. Similar Vibe, slightly smaller crowd (c.20,000) and the resort has a bit bit more to offer than Schladming as a base. As to which tickets to get for Schladming, my guests this year decided to watch it all on the big screens in the centre of town and loved it.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ladies night slalom 2nd Tuesday in January. Great atmosphere. 14th January 2020
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Austrian Seagull wrote:
We’ve just booked accommodation and tickets for next year’s night race. The apartment accommodation was €700 for the week (sat to sat) and is in central Schladming. Hotels for one or two nights during the week are incredibly expensive. I get the impression that the serious/regular race goers don’t go for the week, as Kitzbuhel is the weekend before. We were only going to go for a couple of nights, but it seems just as cheap to go for the week. The added bonus is that Schladming is included on our Super Salzburg season pass.

Which tickets for the night race have you booked?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy