Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2018 Head I.SL 165

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I'm interested if someone had an opinion on the above mentioned skis.
A guy on my masters team has one for sale that I can have on the cheap. He let me try a real FIS 165, also Head, couple of weeks ago, and yesterday I tried the I.SL he's selling and I couldn't believe the difference. The FIS skis were so quick to respond and wanted to rip my knees off while the other ones felt pretty normal and docile to the point of disappointment.
They were sliding on the hard stuff a bit more and I was constantly trying to find a good angle to bite. Having said all that, I've never had racing skis. So my question is, are all cheater race skis like that, and is it a good idea to have these skis as a stepping stone before eventually I decide to spend $$$$$ for the real deal?
I'm serious about skiing and I'm on a good level, my friend was telling me that the skis I own are bellow my level and that I need something better.
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you're racing masters why not get the FIS spec. They'll be better skis. Other advantage is that there are usually plenty of used pairs around from retired training pairs or ex comp skis.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

The FIS skis were so quick to respond and wanted to rip my knees off ...

Get them! Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Dave,
I'm new to all this, and looking at Head website was no help.
The races I do are just on our local mountain so I haven't really felt the need to upgrade. This past weekend we had a race and a real Master racer showed up, with all the speed suit and everything, it was a GS and his first run he did 2 seconds faster than me, I managed to stay close to his times the next 3 runs and managed to best him for the second race, but that made me think about all the skis and advantages -disadvantages of having proper race skis.
I need some education, hence coming here.
Thank you for your reply,
I'd love to get some more opinions.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AL9000 wrote:
Quote:

The FIS skis were so quick to respond and wanted to rip my knees off ...

Get them! Smile

He's not selling the FIS he sells the cheater skis only.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy