Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Touring mid May?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am going to be in Zermatt from 13 May. I have never toured quite so late (latest has been about April 23). I was wondering if it would be OK. Obviously I appreciate weather, snow etc. means impossible to say. But I was interested whether those who tour more than me would still regard that time of year as “in season”.

The lift up to Klein Matterhorn at 3883m will be open (as it is all year).
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
May is generally high season for spring touring but watch out as crevasse bridges will be starting to weaken on the glaciers around zermatt. You can easily tour into the summer, june, early july if you want.

That said, last year was very warm with no fresh snow and touring wasn't great - everything ended up sun-cupped.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@davidof, Thanks. I thought that might be the case but it is good to get the reassurance.

I can well appreciate the point you make about the crevasse bridges. I would be going with a guide - I would trust him to spot such dangers more than me.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JohnMo wrote:
@davidof, Thanks. I thought that might be the case but it is good to get the reassurance.

I can well appreciate the point you make about the crevasse bridges. I would be going with a guide - I would trust him to spot such dangers more than me.

sounds good, hope the weather and conditions are excellent for you.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@JohnMo, will you have a guide?

If so should be no issues as he can also sort out logistics such as huts etc and more importantly he'll know the terrain & routes!!!

I'm actually just back from three days in the area and we scored some great snow and some truly awful but twas a great adventure and totally different ski touring to what I usually do.

And touring above 4,000m does get to you, highest we went was just over 4,500m and I'm pretty ski touring fit for an old git!

I'll post some pics and a travel report later, here's a taster.

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy