Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bulging dicc, acl, medial - a mess!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, I am v late 30s and due to football and rugby am not in peak conditions. I have a reconstructed ACL, i think im missing my medial and getting out of bed, due to my back is a problem (discectomy).

Skiing is my passion. I love it. I can ski most runs but the next day im sore. Im too scared to go the second day.

Who has similar feelings. Can i do it?

E
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes.
I have patients with unbeliveable injuries and joint replacents who ski.
They are thin though and they are all active and good skiers. As a rule yes, use it as motivation!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kooky has two lower discs that have been bulging for years (show jumping accidents). One is protruding by 11mm but with a bit of pain management she still managed to ski 100+ days a season.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes. If you love it enough, you'll keep on going as long as you possibly can.
GP or physio advice might be worth it, though, maybe some protection or bracing/support too?
And I wouldn't recommend snowboarding Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Full rupture of MCL and PCL. Damage to ACL and meniscus. Haven't missed a day of snowboard instruction or mountain bike guiding since.

Rehab hard, get in shape, push as hard as your body lets you.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy