Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club Insurance Frustrations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Surely I can't be on the only person that gets "uptight" with these guys! In fairness it does seem to to depend on who you manage to talk to.

I called this afternoon, to simply ask for the cost to add worldwide to my Platinum cover. My phone tells me I used 15 minutes (during a working day) to get to the point they could not even talk to me! About half of this was waiting in a queue, not great but hey ho. However, 7 minutes talking to a chap who was struggling to ID and V me. End result, I hung up as I actually have a job!

1) Surely this is information I should be able to get on the web.
2) Lack of linking between the SCGB policies and the insurance company is a tech issue that really needs sorting!
3) If this is the experience on a "sales" contact, crikey knows what would happen if I ever had to claim

Surely SCGB can't be happy with this level of service?

Standing by for incoming, but off my soap box.

Peter
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@PeterGee, we were with SCGB for many years but left when it became too expensive for those of older years. We have been with MPI ever since and have found them very good to deal with. I did have a claim last year, not ski related but and infected finger that was dealt with in France and that was sorted very painlessly.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PeterGee, you won't want to upgrade to worldwide with them as when I asked them last year, they wanted a fortune. I bought a standalone policy to cover me for a trip to the USA for the princely sum of about £13 I think!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So it seems I can upgrade, for £71.00 However, I have to say I really am nervous of the relationship between SCGB and this company.

Despite completing medical screening for the last 2 years, they were unable to find me based on my SCGB membership number (The reference they first asked for) They then searched on my address, no joy. The only way the eventually found me was from me locating a reference in a PDF I was sent after screening, after I prompted them. All good that they found me, but really concerned that had I ever needed to claim, it would not have been possible without digging through emails.

When skiing I always carry my membership card assuming that was all I needed!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I recently broke an ankle while skiing. I was non weight bearing in a below knee plaster by now. On the first call to Emergeny Assistance I had no reply so rang off after 15 mins. On the second call the phone was answered after 30 mins (all this time eating into my call allowance). I asked them to arrange Mobility Assistance at the airport for return flight 5 days later and was told send some evidence and “we will consider it”. Dr’s report immediately emailed on completion of call along with a request to confirm that Assistance had been arranged. Nothing. Some 3 days later when concerned about my swelling discoloured foot, pins and needles I rang to ask advice whether to go back to local treating clinic or the public hospital some 30 mins away but received no helpful advice. SCGB sorted out Airport Assistance. Insurance company rang the Wednesday after return (8 days post fracture) to ask how and where I was. Seriously unimpressed.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I recently broke an ankle while skiing. I was non weight bearing in a below knee plaster by now. On the first call to Emergeny Assistance I had no reply so rang off after 15 mins. On the second call the phone was answered after 30 mins (all this time eating into my call allowance). I asked them to arrange Mobility Assistance at the airport for return flight 5 days later and was told send some evidence and “we will consider it”. Dr’s report immediately emailed on completion of call along with a request to confirm that Assistance had been arranged. Nothing. Some 3 days later when concerned about my swelling discoloured foot, pins and needles I rang to ask advice whether to go back to local treating clinic or the public hospital some 30 mins away but received no helpful advice. SCGB sorted out Airport Assistance. Insurance company rang the Wednesday after return (8 days post fracture) to ask how and where I was. Seriously unimpressed.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy