Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

There’s gnarly .... and then there’s THIS...ZABERDAST

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
When I get back to the office after a minor epic, people say ‘...you did THAT with the kids?!!?...’. We ski, we climb, we bike. By ordinary standards we do some pretty demanding things. But then you come across people who do EXTRAORDINARY things. Chad Sayers’ Crossing Home (Sherpas Cinema) was beautiful and moving, and understated the gnarliness of what they did. ‘Zaberdast’ lets you see and sense the effort:

http://youtube.com/v/AkigzUFr3ys

The cinematography is superb, easily equalling Sherpas’ Cinema; and that is a very high bar indeed. My son sat captivated by the shots of the Karakoram. I knew a guy who travelled the Karakoram Highway by himself, aged 18. Nothing much in that on the surface. But he did in it 1958.

We put the kettle on, made a big pot of great coffee, and chilled out for an hour watching Zaberdast. One of the best hours I have spent for ages and ages...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 30-03-19 12:16; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My palms were sweating at the sideslipping at 31 minutes. One mistake and it's all over... Skullie

I don't know how they did that. The bit where it pans back from the snowboarder as he starts, it's just a vertical wall!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@HoneyBunny, ...I think (I don’t know through direct experience since this kind of freeriding is above my pay grade) that on these spines, the snow is deep and soft enough to dig in and make your own gradient...

How light powder adheres into these spines is extraordinary - Joe Simpson talks of the weirdness of these, when he was in Peru. It’s powder, and insubstantial, but clinging on in deep ribs and spines....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yawn, so last year

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3339139&highlight=pakistan#3339139
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@davidof, aargh sorry - memo to self - use wide range of search terms to check if something has been up already ...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@valais2, I'd missed it too, so thanks for sharing. Put it on the TV and me and my other half were both instantly gripped. Outrageous stuff..
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sunday morning lie in...Just watched in bed! One of the best ski movies I’ve seen in ages.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Perty, excellent....that's the way to do it....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy