Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Meribel ski school for April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I’m looking to book group lessons for my 6 year old, w/c 8th April. I was leaning towards Oxygene for the smaller class sizes and good reviews online but we are staying in Mottaret, and read that you can’t always ski down into Meribel at the end of the season. A bus journey first th8ng every morning doesn’t sound fun. The only school that meets in Mottaret itself is ESF so this would be most convenient and is very good value. My son has had a great time in ESF in previous years in other (quieter) resorts but there are some really bad online reviews of ESF Meribel and I dont think he’d do well in a group of 12!! He got his Flocon badge last year so would be 1st star or equivalent (can ski blues, learning to turn parallel).

Any advice from anyone who has been to Méribel/ Mottaret in April or could recommend (or not) any of the ski school?? Thank you.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am an instructor at Parallel Lines ski school in Meribel. We have small groups and have availability for a child of that standard that week. We are number 1 ski school in Meribel on Trip Advisor so you can check our reviews there.

I have worked in Meribel for 12 winters and you have always been able to ski from Mottaret to Meribel in the second week of April so that shouldn't be a problem.

Let me know if you have any questions.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That’s really helpful. Thank you!
I have looked at the website. Is there any option of doing shorter days? I think 9:15 - 13:30 might be too long for him.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gattabianca wrote:
That’s really helpful. Thank you!
I have looked at the website. Is there any option of doing shorter days? I think 9:15 - 13:30 might be too long for him.

That is the only kids lesson length we are running that week. While it is quite a long session for a six year old we do take a drink / toilet break at a cafe half way through the lesson and we do try to pace the session to match the children's energy levels.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If Parallel Lines doesn't work out for some reason then both my children have skied with Oxygene, multiple times, and they had a great time. That might not answer your specific questions about getting to Meribel from Mottaret, but I hope it's useful.

I've had numerous excellent private lessons with Marmalade in Meribel, but I don't think they offer group lessons for children.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Another option if they have availability are New Gen. They are also based in Meribel. Our kids were with them last season and they were great!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Gattabianca, that time of year the ESF classes won't be that big, also there is lots of gentle pistes for early stage skiers in Mottaret. I would just check that they are running an "international" class then which will be in English..

Oxygene who merged with Magic are great with kids as well
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just seen the extra replies. Thanks all.
Due to hours I am going to try to book Oxygene today but that’s good to know about ESF. Not sure the language matters that much as he doesn’t listen anyway rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy