Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pas de la Casa, Andorra

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Anyone got any reviews on Pas de la Casa, Andorra???? any hotels/appartments they recommend?? I am currently looking at Olimpiades appartments as they look really modern.

All advise on Pas de la Casa is great eg beer prices, meal prices, shopping, night life etc

Cheers,

Dan
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dan,

Pas is fantastic. Big ski area, well linked to Soldeu which is lovely. Great (and loud) nightlife with loads of bars & clubs. Can be a bit 18-30 though !

Can't advise on accommodation I'm afraid as I can't remember the name of the place we stayed. All places are close to the lifts though and as it's only a small resort nothing is far.

You'll have a great time

SnowMonkey69
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It is the cheapest ski resort I've ever been to. It is also one of the crappest. Sorry, but standard of accommodation really wasn't very good IMO.

Two things to bear in mind - it would be perfect for a stag do ski trip. It is also legal and accepted that everyone smokes everywhere. Like cigars, on the next table while you are eating lunch in a badly ventilated restaurant.

I can't honestly recommend any of the hotels or chalets, other than to advise avoiding Neilson, who were an utter shower on our trip. Report here for a bit more reading and info: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1470936
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If it's a diy hol we stayed at the "Grizzli" apts. Not a good name but perfect for access to the lifts. Cross the road and you are there. Booked it through an agent. If you are interested I'll look up the details and post them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some friends of mine have been to Andorra regularly over the years, and they say that the infrastructure side of things has improved dramatically. All the resorts, eg. Pas, Soldeu and Tartar are now linked as one, and form the Gran Valaria domain, and a new road tunnel that opened in recent years has cut the transfer time from the airport (Toulouse, I think?) considerably. Some of my mates aren't really that 'fussy' over accommodation standards, so would not be reliable reviewers on that score I'm afraid!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Olimpiades are really nice as they had a refurb a couple of seasons ago, plus right on the piste so ski in and out. Olimpiades Pub downstairs does good British food and a cracking breakfast which I enjoy often Smile

An alternative at a good standard is Aparthotel Alaska although not ski in/out.

Shopping is something Pas is famous for with loads of supermarkets as well as electrical stores, sports stores and alcohol stores. Tax is only 4% in Andorra so you can get some very good deals.

Beer prices can vary depending on what you want - you can get discount vouchers before you go, plus look out for PRs who will give you fliers and also lots of happy hours for apres ski. Outside of this you'd expect to pay around €3-4 for a pint. Nightlife is busy and quite loud for the most part although there are some really excellent bars such as KSB (chilled out bar/restaurant with DJs on later - excellent steak too!) and Deja Beer (who have a beer tap on your table to pull your own pints with a league table for the week!).

As others have mentioned you've got access to Grandvalira so loads to go at on the mountain!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dunno about accommodation, the last few times i've been we've stayed at a nearby village and drove up. My general impression is that I wouldn't expect great things from the accommodation. Having said that, the ski area is really underrated, and i've always enjoyed it immensely. if you're lucky enough to get fresh snow (i've been very lucky there over the years) the grandvalira is as good as anywhere, and better than some.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I stayed at Apart Hotel Alaska last year and it was ok. As Said above the night life is pretty active and its not the most picturesque village. But I had a good time....
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
we were in Pas this year with our daughter. Its a great place for skiing in the sun but the ski school is terrible. We booked my daughter for the 'snow garden' which they describe on their website as 'a gentle and enjoyable introduction to skiing and the snow, with activities and games designed especially for young children. There were no activities or games. The poor children sat on a bench from 9.30-10.30 doing absolutely nothing. When they went on the slopes (10.30-12.15), there were 11 children (aged under 5) per instructor so they just waited and waited for their turn. They basically went down about 3 metres once or twice as all their time was spent waiting. I felt so sorry not only for my daughter but all the children who just had to spend all morning waiting with nothing to do.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Skialittle, sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. Based on nothing more than instinct (I don't have kids) I wouldn't rate Pas as the sector to base yourself with children; I would imagine that Canillo or El Tarter would be better.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy